January 2013 SHOWCASE Thread :: Finished work, videos, career news, BSP, more...

blue2blue

• Members
No news too trivial, no bragging right too small. Whether your latest triumph was a multi-album deal or a good night at your local open mic -- there's room to talk about it here... smile.gif

Here's this month's Official Showcase Thread where you can post your completed projects, links to finished works (even old ones) you want your pals here in the SW forum to hear, promo videos, covers of other people's songs, or just generally shameless self-hype that you're far too professional and courteous to post in the main forum.

IMPORTANT REMINDER: the HC SWF Facebook page is also available for posting your finished work, vids, carreer news, etc. Feel free to post here and there, if you like. smile.gif

POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

smile.gif

previous showcase threads
December 2012
November 2012
October 2012
September 2012
July 2012
June 2012
May 2012
April 2012
March 2012
February 2012
January 2012
December 2011
November 2011
October 2011
September 2011
August 2011
July 2011
June 2011
May 2011
April 2011
March 2011
February 2011
January 2011
December 2010
November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010
July 2010
June 2010
May 2010
April 2010
March 2010
February 2010
January 2010
December 2009
November 2009
October 2009
August 2009
August 2009
July 2009 [no posts]
June 2009
May 2009
April 2009
March 2009
February 2009
January 2009
December 2008
November 2008
October 2008

More on the Songwriting Forum Monthly Showcase

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

So, as some of you may recall, back in May, LCK and I were collaborating on a song called "Swami's Got the Blues."  I bought a copy of Addictive Drums and worked a bit on a drum track, but I got tied up with other things and never ended up getting back to work on it. 

http://picosong.com/3rt8

I've been meaning for a while to post this version to let everyone know where this stands, but I didn't think it was enough of a work in progress from the compositional standpoint to warrant a new thread.  It's not really a "finished work," either, as I still want to have a drummer friend do a live drum track and have bee3 re-do the electric piano part, but this seemed like as good a place as any to post it.

• Members

shortchord wrote:

So, as some of you may recall, back in May, LCK and I were collaborating on a song called "Swami's Got the Blues."  I bought a copy of Addictive Drums and worked a bit on a drum track, but I got tied up with other things and never ended up getting back to work on it. 

I've been meaning for a while to post this version to let everyone know where this stands, but I didn't think it was enough of a work in progress from the compositional standpoint to warrant a new thread.  It's not really a "finished work," either, as I still want to have a drummer friend do a live drum track and have bee3 re-do the electric piano part, but this seemed like as good a place as any to post it.

Yeah, that's a good one. Vocals sound a lot better than I remember them. Still a few spots in the vocals that could use some spit and polish, and the keys could fit the groove a little better.

I've got the project with this provisional drum track lying around somewhere:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11668752

• Members

shortchord wrote:

This is fantastic. 

Archived