Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

January 2013 SHOWCASE Thread :: Finished work, videos, career news, BSP, more...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 2013 SHOWCASE Thread :: Finished work, videos, career news, BSP, more...

No news too trivial, no bragging right too small. Whether your latest triumph was a multi-album deal or a good night at your local open mic -- there's room to talk about it here...

Here's this month's Official Showcase Thread where you can post your completed projects, links to finished works (even old ones) you want your pals here in the SW forum to hear, promo videos, covers of other people's songs, or just generally shameless self-hype that you're far too professional and courteous to post in the main forum.

IMPORTANT REMINDER: the HC SWF Facebook page is also available for posting your finished work, vids, carreer news, etc. Feel free to post here and there, if you like.

POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

previous showcase threads

December 2012

November 2012

October 2012

September 2012

July 2012

June 2012

May 2012

April 2012

March 2012

February 2012

January 2012

December 2011

November 2011

October 2011

September 2011

August 2011

July 2011

June 2011

May 2011

April 2011

March 2011

February 2011

January 2011

December 2010

November 2010

October 2010

September 2010

August 2010

July 2010

June 2010

May 2010

April 2010

March 2010

February 2010

January 2010

December 2009

November 2009

October 2009

August 2009

August 2009

July 2009 [no posts]

June 2009

May 2009

April 2009

March 2009

February 2009

January 2009

December 2008

November 2008

October 2008

More on the Songwriting Forum Monthly Showcase

‚Äč
    music and social stuff

So, as some of you may recall, back in May, LCK and I were collaborating on a song called "Swami's Got the Blues."  I bought a copy of Addictive Drums and worked a bit on a drum track, but I got tied up with other things and never ended up getting back to work on it. 

http://picosong.com/3rt8

I've been meaning for a while to post this version to let everyone know where this stands, but I didn't think it was enough of a work in progress from the compositional standpoint to warrant a new thread.  It's not really a "finished work," either, as I still want to have a drummer friend do a live drum track and have bee3 re-do the electric piano part, but this seemed like as good a place as any to post it.

Comment

• rsadasiv
      rsadasiv commented
      Editing a comment

shortchord wrote:

So, as some of you may recall, back in May, LCK and I were collaborating on a song called "Swami's Got the Blues."  I bought a copy of Addictive Drums and worked a bit on a drum track, but I got tied up with other things and never ended up getting back to work on it. 

I've been meaning for a while to post this version to let everyone know where this stands, but I didn't think it was enough of a work in progress from the compositional standpoint to warrant a new thread.  It's not really a "finished work," either, as I still want to have a drummer friend do a live drum track and have bee3 re-do the electric piano part, but this seemed like as good a place as any to post it.

Yeah, that's a good one. Vocals sound a lot better than I remember them. Still a few spots in the vocals that could use some spit and polish, and the keys could fit the groove a little better.

I've got the project with this provisional drum track lying around somewhere:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11668752

• Oswlek
      Oswlek commented
      Editing a comment

shortchord wrote:

This is fantastic. 

Working...
X