Sad that it's so dead in here

bee3

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Hey now, check yourselves gentleman. :-) I happen to be one of those idiots.:-)

But, I'm happy you started this thread. I was going to do it myself. What I mostly miss now is the ancillary group. We have our core group of diehards that are here on a consistent basis and God bless you all. But the ancillary group, the guys that come less often, are the ones I miss the most. I guess because they aren't here. They are the people that keep the exchange going.

This change has consecrated the fact that I depend on this place. I am not sure if that is good or bad but it is.

I've come to depend on this place as a motivator for my writing. To post a kernel or a germ as they say and have many, many minds comment back and forth is so helpful for getting an idea off the ground.

It'll come back, maybe in a different form, but I think it will. It'll build if we stay here and keep it up. As long as it isl fruitful for our own personal ventures ..

• Members

Lee Knight wrote:

You're not an idiot... you like idioms.  There is a difference... and no, I'm not pulling your leg.

• Members

Lee Knight wrote:

But, I'm happy you started this thread. I was going to do it myself. What I mostly miss now is the ancillary group. We have our core group of diehards that are here on a consistent basis and God bless you all. But the ancillary group, the guys that come less often, are the ones I miss the most. I guess because they aren't here. They are the people that keep the exchange going.

This change has consecrated the fact that I depend on this place. I am not sure if that is good or bad but it is.

I've come to depend on this place as a motivator for my writing. To post a kernel or a germ as they say and have many, many minds comment back and forth is so helpful for getting an idea off the ground.

It'll come back, maybe in a different form, but I think it will. It'll build if we stay here and keep it up. As long as it isl fruitful for our own personal ventures ..

Yeah, I could always rely on the whole composite crowd to keep threads moving and provide lots of free entertainment.  Now I feel guilty about not posting more...  :smileyembarrassed:

• Members

Lee Knight wrote:

The best thing we can do is keep plugging away... people are attracted to activity... if we post it, they will come.

• Members

Having just one good preamp channel is starting to bum me out. I started with just one mic last night, and decided that I wasn't happy with the sound and decided to mic the guitar and the vocals seperately. But that turned into a  "that mic would sound better here, but it won't work with this preamp, whereas this mic won't be as good but it won't have to get into the sucky gain section of the preamp" fifteen minute things-I-don't-want-to-be-thinking-about-when-I-just-want-to-record timesuck.

Archived