Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Deprivation - IGNORE! BLUE CAN YOU CLOSE?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deprivation - IGNORE! BLUE CAN YOU CLOSE?

IGNORE......

Since i really haven't written anything since November, I was digging through the archives to see if anything might be lurking down there and found this number.  It is more in line with the stuff I used to write that strained my range, but I think I could pull this one off.  I've always like the melody and flow, but the lyrics simply haven't stood up over time.  I wrote them back in my artsy-fartsy days when obscure references full of negative imagery were enough for me to call a completed lyric.

It is supposed to be a social commentary, but it really falls short of the mark.  I don't think this is ever going to be a Bruce Springsteen or Bob Dylan style storytelling tune, but I know I need to work something more direct into here.  Is anything at all salvageable in this mess?  Other than the refrain, I mean?

(recorded back in 2009 - be forewarned....)

http://picosong.com/nqzn

------------------------------------------

Wait here for me
    What do you see
    Disease in our beds
    Filth lining our streets

Under the doctrine of
    Narcissistic reign
    Just pop another pill
    To kill the pain

Soon we'll see
    It is not that easy

REFRAIN
    Deprivation in my (your/our) soul
    Deprivation and down I (you/we) go

You know it's the truth
    Withering you (I know you feel it to)
    Court's in session
    What will you do

You can wish
    But you can't escape this

REFRAIN X 2

Don't listen to Justin.
    LCK - 2/21/2012

Ha!  44 views and not one comment!  I guess this one is going back in the trash bin.....

Don't listen to Justin.
    LCK - 2/21/2012

Comment

• LCK
      LCK commented
      Editing a comment

Oswlek wrote:

Ha!  44 views and not one comment!  I guess this one is going back in the trash bin.....

It was 1) the strained prosody and 2) the hyperbole that made me less than enthusiastic.

There are some good things about the song. It just didn't click for me.

Working...
X