Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

February 2013 SHOWCASE Thread :: Finished work, videos, career news, BSP, more...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 2013 SHOWCASE Thread :: Finished work, videos, career news, BSP, more...

No news too trivial, no bragging right too small. Whether your latest triumph was a multi-album deal or a good night at your local open mic -- there's room to talk about it here... 

Here's this month's Official Showcase Thread where you can post your completed projects, links to finished works (even old ones) you want your pals here in the SW forum to hear, promo videos, covers of other people's songs, or just generally shameless self-hype that you're far too professional and courteous to post in the main forum. 

IMPORTANT REMINDER: the HC SWF Facebook page is also available for posting your finished work, vids, career news, etc. Feel free to post here and there, if you like. 

POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

previous showcase threads
    January 2013
    December 2012
    November 2012 
    October 2012
    September 2012
    July 2012
    June 2012
    May 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010 
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    August 2009 
    August 2009
    July 2009 [no posts]
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009 
    March 2009 
    February 2009 
    January 2009 
    December 2008 
    November 2008 
    October 2008

More on the Songwriting Forum Monthly Showcase

music and social stuff | The Forgotify Files | A Year of Songs | mutant pop on facebook | roots acoustic on facebook

The chorus seems a little weak... I think it needs more lasers.

I don't know what I was thinking.  I posted this on the last day of January in the January thread.

A fun cover from a recent show I played.  I'm on keys.

Give Me One Good Reason

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12142711

Comment

• LCK
      LCK commented
      Editing a comment

bee3 wrote:

I don't know what I was thinking.  I posted this on the last day of January in the January thread.

Funky, funky, funk-ay.

• rsadasiv
      rsadasiv commented
      Editing a comment

bee3 wrote:

Give Me One Good Reason

Is that Avery? The guitar kills (and that organ is pretty funky as well).

• Monkey Uncle
      Monkey Uncle commented
      Editing a comment

bee3 wrote:

Give Me One Good Reason

You guys sound great.  When are you going on tour?

Here's my latest. I finished it this afternoon

http://soundcloud.com/songwriter101/take-me-home

a selection of my songs: https://soundcloud.com/songwriter101

my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SaulTiberiusNads

Comment

Hello, forumers!

Here's a new song I recorded just recently, inspired by the ol' legend of Troy. It's a kind of test drive demo using a new microphone and updated software.

Menelaus' Dubiety

Comment

• blue2blue
      blue2blue commented
      Editing a comment

MrQuin wrote:

Hello, forumers!

Here's a new song I recorded just recently, inspired by the ol' legend of Troy. It's a kind of test drive demo using a new microphone and updated software.

Menelaus' Dubiety

A very interesting work.

It has the thoughtful grace of one of those languid, outside-of-time John Cale art song ballads that seem more like something that should somehow be 'hanging' in a museum instead of coming out of a car radio... 

Very nice. thumb.gif

(And, heck, it didn't even come grinding to a halt when you rhymed dubiety with Hermione... )

Attached Files

• nat whilk II
      nat whilk II commented
      Editing a comment

MrQuin wrote:

Hello, forumers!

Menelaus' Dubiety

Very nice, listenable, evocative.  Good work! Kind of David Bowie joins The National, but not in a too-derivative sense at all.   

If the new mic is on the vocals, it sounds great. 

One little comment about the drums:  I'd like to hear more variety in the drum patterns.  Sounds like maybe a few too many copied/pasted measures.  I'm not suggesting a big overhaul, just a few more variations, even a pause here and there in drum activity to highlight the vocal line at some particularly evocative point.  

nat whilk ii

So, I think I finally cracked "Haunted".  I found a bunch of mistakes in my attempts at improving the earlier final, most notably having the make-up volume on for a side chain compression, which punched the music up too much. After turning that off and playing with it for a while, I realized that I simply don't know enough about side chains to effectly use them, so I just approached it from automation instead.

Anyway, here is the most current mix.  I may turn down the V1 vocals a smidge (I'm talking 0.5 dbs), but otherwise I am very happy with it.

http://picosong.com/n4kN

Now, I'm as interested in compliments as anyone else, so don't feel you need to hold anything back , but the real reason I'm writing this is because I feel like it would be really moving to have it set to family videos, particularly older footage that was clearly filmed and then digitally archived.  The grainier the better.

Does anyone have some family videos they wouldn't mind being in a video set to this song?  The tune is only about 4 minutes, and I'll probably be doing some choice time stretching, so I really don't need very much.  Older images are great, but I'd be happy to accept newer stuff as well. 

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Don't listen to Justin.
    LCK - 2/21/2012

Comment

Working...
    X