Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

It's Dead In Here

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Dead In Here

Ok. You've been haunting me with this. I started messing around with something. Don't know how far it'll go. The chords are simple, but there's not a good way for a solo performer to turn them into an orchestration, so it may not be a production number. But it has gotten in my head. 

Stylistically this would be a Tom Waits tune. Just one verse so far. 

Hey bartender, get me a beer

Every day it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGxDwt26FZc
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/marshallsongs
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/marshallsongs

Marshal wrote:

Ok. You've been haunting me with this. I started messing around with something. Don't know how far it'll go. The chords are simple, but there's not a good way for a solo performer to turn them into an orchestration, so it may not be a production number. But it has gotten in my head. 

Every day it

Don't listen to Justin.
    LCK - 2/21/2012

Comment

• Oswlek
      Oswlek commented
      Editing a comment

Are you going to post a demo?

Marshal wrote:

Every day it

Thomas Jefferson said... "The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." hmmm...

Comment

• Oswlek
      Oswlek commented
      Editing a comment

Lee Knight wrote:

Marshal wrote:

Every day it

Well... Hmmm.... I don't think it's capturing what hoping it's capturing. Cause, like, if anyone around here has clocked some bar time, not that I'm particularly proud of it but hey... I put in 5 6 or 7 nights a week for 15 plus years and... I don't think the lines I've pointed out are without issue. They don't capture bar life so much as confuse the listener.

That's my take do far.
    Thomas Jefferson said... "The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." hmmm...

Comment

• Marshal
      Marshal commented
      Editing a comment

Lee Knight wrote:
      Well... Hmmm.... I don't think it's capturing what hoping it's capturing. Cause, like, if anyone around here has clocked some bar time, not that I'm particularly proud of it but hey... I put in 5 6 or 7 nights a week for 15 plus years and... I don't think the lines I've pointed out are without issue. They don't capture bar life so much as confuse the listener.

That's my take do far.

Well you're probably right. I didn't start out with the idea to capture the ambience of a bar. That was kind of subliminal. With this discussion it's gaining some importance. I still have to decide how I want the love triangle to come to a head. Once I've got that modeled in my mind, and hav it laid out, then I can re-examine some fo the premises. 

I've written a couple tunes where I start out with a place-holder line; a cool line (to me). And then fleshed out a storyline that moved that initial situation along. I guess that's how I started out with this one. It's fun for me, but I can see where, if I'm not careful, it leaves somebody behind. 

Working...
X