Lyricist: Is it possible to find one? How?

New Trail

• Members

I write music but terrible words and I've come to the conclusion that what I really need is an old school Rogers and Hammerstein or Elton John/Bernie Taupin type lyricist. Does such an animal exist anymore? Where would one find someone like that at the local level. Just an ad?

• Members

You might have to hang out for a little while to find just the right guy or gal, but, yes, lyricists looking for composer partners definitely come through here.

Since all the posts for the last few weeks will be gone once the new website and BB infrastructure is in place, there's not much point in me doing it now, but after the changeover, (wearing my moderator hat) I'm going to create three threads: lyricists seeking composers; composers seeking lyricists; and a general one. I'll put links to those at the top of the Resources/Rules sticky thread.

Stick around, discuss songwriting, maybe lend a hand at constructive feedback, and, after the change, I'll institute those threads.

And maybe in the meantime, you'll find someone through this thread, who knows?

:)

• Members

I wrote this and attempted a musical effort to this as Blue2Blue may remember but if your good at music then maybe you would like this. Have at it. I'm not married to most things I write so if you think you can use this give it a shot. Rhyme scheme and meter may need work but its close. We'll share in the fortune!;) If not thats ok as well.

Time is fading away

Night, was washed away by the morning light

I reached to touch your hair

But instead I found your note

That your

• Members

I wrote this and attempted a musical effort to this as Blue2Blue may remember but if your good at music then maybe you would like this. Have at it. I'm not married to most things I write so if you think you can use this give it a shot. Rhyme scheme and meter may need work but its close. We'll share in the fortune!;) If not thats ok as well.

Time is fading away

Night, was washed away by the morning light

I reached to touch your hair

But instead I found your note

That your

• Members

Go to a coffee house open mic. Throw a rock. You'll hit lyricist. Seriously. Just grab one of the spoken word types.

Or post a music music link here asking for word ideas. I've tossed out a bunch of lyric ideas here and gotten a bunch of servicable lines from others.

Finding someone to gin up words should be cake. But finding a good lyricist -that's the rub.

What does writing have in common with driving? Everyone thinks they're pretty good at both. Few are.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

claire93 wrote:

Hello,

I am the songwriter: I have written a musical and I need a composer.

claire93

Hi, Claire

I'm blue2blue. I'm the moderator of the songwriting forum. 

It might be a little late to collaborate with the original person posting in this thread ;)  but why don't you tell us a little more about your project and maybe it will sound interesting to somebody who's currently active.

First, what style of music are you looking for?

How long do you think the finished work might be? (I don't mean specifically, I mean, very generally: 15 minutes? 2-1/2 hours? You get the idea.)

What kind of lyrics are they? Are they highly formal, with a fixed meter? Or are they more free verse, with uneven lines and unusual cadences?

What culture is this from? Are the lyrics in English? What's the subject matter?

I guess you get the idea. Just tell us a little about what you have and what you're looking for. :)

• 7 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members
On 4/8/2020 at 8:02 AM, daddymack said:

lets be frank..you have 'written ' exactly what? a series of chord changes, or an actual melody?

style?

Tempo?

have you recorded what you wrote so far?

Hi. I have written harmony and actual melody. Style - I'm not sure, it can be changed, it has no arrangement yet. But I recorded them, singing la-la-la and playing keyboards. If you're interested - that's my youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh_LJwVbpeVQcbNsV9ylA_A/

Alex

Archived