MARCH 2013 SHOWCASE THREAD

blue2blue

• Members

FINISHED WORK, VIDEOS, CAREER NEWS, BSP, MORE...

No news too trivial, no bragging right too small. Whether your latest triumph was a multi-album deal or a good night at your local open mic -- there's room to talk about it here... smile.gif

Here's this month's Official Showcase Thread where you can post your completed projects, links to finished works (even old ones) you want your pals here in the SW forum to hear, promo videos, covers of other people's songs, or just generally shameless self-hype that you're far too professional and courteous to post in the main forum. 

IMPORTANT REMINDER: the HC SWF Facebook page is also available for posting your finished work, vids, career news, etc. Feel free to post here and there, if you like. smile.gif

POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

smile.gif

previous showcase threads

February 2013
January 2013
December 2012 
November 2012 
October 2012
September 2012
July 2012
June 2012
May 2012
April 2012
March 2012
February 2012
January 2012
December 2011
November 2011
October 2011
September 2011
August 2011
July 2011
June 2011
May 2011
April 2011
March 2011
February 2011
January 2011
December 2010 
November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010
July 2010
June 2010
May 2010
April 2010
March 2010
February 2010
January 2010
December 2009
November 2009
October 2009
August 2009 
August 2009
July 2009 [no posts]
June 2009
May 2009
April 2009 
March 2009 
February 2009 
January 2009 
December 2008 
November 2008 
October 2008

More on the Songwriting Forum Monthly Showcase

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ha!  I think you mean March.  ;)

I finally finished mixing "Haunted", probably the best mix I've done yet, and posted it to youtube.  Since Rick's ordeal was the inspiration, I asked and he allowed me to tribute it to Kathie.  The picture at the end is of her.

Here is a link to download from it anyone wants it.

http://picosong.com/n2Va

• Members

peanutroad wrote:

My very firstest attempt to make a video:

I've been meaning for a couple years to put together a vid for my children's picture book,
A Mouse Is In The House
. So here's a simple and truncated version. My song, my pictures, my singing.

That's very charming. :heart:

When my kids were little they enjoyed "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie":

• Members

Tierney Sutton is doing a master class singing workshop at Birdland in NYC 1 week from tomorrow.

Participants will be accompanied by The Tierney Sutton Band.

Birdland is selling tickets to the event! So if you're in the area, please come!

I'll be singing one of my own tunes.

It's a toss-up between "Love Is a Dangerous Thing" and "New York in the Rain."

Which is your favorite?

• Members

LCK wrote:

Tierney Sutton is doing a master class
at
in NYC 1 week from tomorrow.

Participants will be accompanied by The Tierney Sutton Band.

Birdland is selling tickets to the event! So if you're in the area, please come!

I'll be singing one of my own tunes.

It's a toss-up between "
" and "
"

Which is
your
favorite?

You should make a video for New York in the Rain based on your photos.

• Members

sic moments aside (:

A lot of people don't appreciate criticsm, constructive or otherwise. To them it all comes across as "negative". Even when there is an explicit request for "all feedback" many people do not, in fact, want all types of feedback.

• Members

rsadasiv wrote:

sic moments aside (:

A lot of people don't appreciate criticsm, constructive or otherwise. To them it all comes across as "negative". Even when there is an explicit request for "all feedback" many people do not, in fact, want all types of feedback.

Yeah, that's why I went out of my way to be as delicate as possible.  His response astoundeds me because it is so disproportionate to my "crime".  Hopefully he's just having a bad day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I haven't been here in quite a long time. The reason for my brief return was to shamelessly plug my new album (in my sig) but now I see that you guys have been having a lot of fun while I've been away. Lots of really great tunes ands ideas being shared. Loved Justin's article. I see that many of the same people are here from back when I dropped by last. Cheers and keep up the good work!

• Members

eeglug wrote:

I haven't been here in quite a long time. The reason for my brief return was to shamelessly plug my new album (in my sig) but now I see that you guys have been having a lot of fun while I've been away. Lots of really great tunes ands ideas being shared. Loved Justin's article. I see that many of the same people are here from back when I dropped by last. Cheers and keep up the good work!

Thanks!  You've got some great stuff going on, I'm up to "Blame" and I'm really digging that one and "Hole in my...", they have a sweet Elliott Smith vibe.

Archived