Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound City Documentary

I've just been watching it. I can watch musicians in the studio for hours.

And the analogue magic of the Neve console. Thanks for that Rupert.

Recommended. 

'Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn'.
    CHARLIE PARKER

Yeah, I really liked it a lot. Dave Grohl's love of music is refreshing. A no-holds-barred big ol' hug for music. Great. The subplot of Keith Olsen opening a high tech computerized and modern studio across the parking lot is so telling. Rick Springfield as well. Both of them sort of a coat of many colors Joseph tale.

Great flick, what a story.

Comment

• bee3
      bee3 commented
      Editing a comment

I really enjoyed the documentary...  really enjoyed it.  The one thing that I found myself thinking while they were recording the new songs for the movie was...  "I've heard better songs on the Songwriting Workshop Forum".

:manfrustrated:

Loved the Petty doc. I've been a fan right from the release of the 1st album. I bought the first six maybe as they came out. I've seem him play three or four times.

And as a side note, I had the pleasure of chatting with Petty's key man Bentmont Tench for 15 minutes after he got off stage at a Jon Brion show. Super rock player and a very nice guy. Anyway yes, that doc is very good I agree

Comment

Working...
    X