Lee Knight - Moderator

• Members

Lee is co-moderating with blue2blue.

It is a thankless job, and lucky for them, you guys are a bunch of good guys!

Thanks to Lee for offering to help. 

Thanks to blue2blue for all his years of service on his lonesome and now with some help!

Now, about those hit songs you guys are crafting ... :)

D

• Members

Dendy Jarrett wrote:

Lee is co-moderating with blue2blue.

It is a thankless job, and lucky for them, you guys are a bunch of good guys!

Thanks to Lee for offering to help. 

Thanks to blue2blue for all his years of service on his lonesome and now with some help!

Cool. Congrats, Lee!

• Members

Lee Knight wrote:

Yay!

Welcome, new guy.

And a big thanks to Blue2Blue for his years of solo moderation. Hopefully this will free him up so he has more time to just hang out and post instead of constantly chasing shoe spam.

• Members

You guys be nice to Lee!

thumb.gif

It was actually my intent to retire completely but this will allow me to be there to cover for Lee in a pinch, which I'm happy to do.  

I'd long thought Lee would be an ideal mod because of his enthusiasm and generosity and I have some real world issues I need to focus on, so I did a little sweet-talking of Lee, talked him into it over a couple of conversations, and then presented it to Dendy.

Somehow I didn't quite get completely disentangled, but I'm thinking Lee is going to have so much fun, I'll be able to kick back and just enjoy the forum as a regular member.   

That's why I need you guys to be nice to him. I'm feeling lazy.  wink.gif 

• Moderators

Well thank you. These guys are brutal.:-)

I spoke with Dendy this afternoon. It was a great conversation and I was happy to find out that he was heading out to a singer songwriter deal tonight in Nashville.

But additionally, he mentioned something I found quite interesting. The forum will be moving towards a more youth friendly speech requirement. Now I'll be the first to admit that I've been less than user-friendly in my speech. And I have spoken to you directly by phone, Blue, about the way I use profanity. However, there is some very cool method to this madness of his. But basically it comes down to being able to share what we do with the educational system.

I look forward to finding out more about that but it sounds very, very cool to me.

• Moderators

:-) Of course, but I think the idea is to be able to tap into more channels of exposure. And more channels of interaction, and help, and just songwriting for everybody. The educational system is picky about those kinds of things. :-)

• Members

When you wrote...

The forum will be moving towards a more youth friendly speech requirement. Now I'll be the first to admit that I've been less than user-friendly in my speech.

I honestly thought for a second that that meant less big words and convoluted sentences.

wink.gif 

(See, just hedging my bets, I used big, above, instead of polysyllabic like I would normally do.)

Archived