PROD: Addictive Keys

Oswlek

• Members

I've been looking for a good piano VST and I'm intrigued by XLN's Addictive Keys.  Their Studio Grand samples are significantly better than anything I have in my library and it is selling for only $50 right now.  Seems like a bargain based on the cost of other plug-ins like Ivory and EZ keys, looks to have more malleability as well.

The question is whether I should splurge and get their Studio Collection for $150.  It comes iwth the Grand, a Modern Upright and a Rhodes.  I'd probably pick it up, except that I read a review that said the Rhodes sounds are dated and spongey, the former being a big problem of mine.   My ear for keys is hardly refined for and Bee has called me on it several times  :)   Frankly, the Modern Upright is largely redundant for the same reason, I can barely discern the difference between that and the Grand!  :)

Anyway, would anyone mind listening to the samples on XLN's website and in the attached vid and let me know if the Rhodes is worth picking up?

Thanks.

XLN website:  http://www.xlnaudio.com/products/view/37

YT demo (Rhodes starts around 5:30):

• Moderators

Not really a fan of electric pianos, but the grand piano and upright piano sound pretty good. The upright was  recorded using a similar piano to the one I have at home, which actually sounds pretty darn close. I think the main difference between the upright and the grand is that the upright has a more tight and punchier sound, whereas the grand has a more wide and open sound. Might try the grand demo and see if its worth getting.

Too bad there's no demo version for the electric piano.. :smileyindifferent:

Archived