Why the **** is this Happening?

rickidoo

• Members

This replaces my "Revolution of Man" song. Started from scratch. But used the chorus again.

I don't normally curse in songs, think its generally poor taste. BUt I will make an exception in this case.

I know I have to work on melody some.

Recorded on my handheld mp3 to get some feedback on lyrics.  I know I am a simple rhymer.

Why the **** is this Happening?

©2013 Rick Dieffenbach

V1:

Two old people sitting down for dinner

Both of them tired, both of them  thinner

They lost their pensions in the bust

Thought there were people they could trust

Their cutting their pills to save a buck

To pay for the heat before its cut

All I want to know is why the **** is this happening

V2:

The parties in DC can't get a long

So I'm dedicating my simple song

To the Republicans and Democrats in charge

Which we could float them away on a barge

======================

Chorus

and if you want to have a better life

throw out the left

And toss out the right

In the middle where we can see

========================

V3:

Young people on the unemployment line

Looking for a job that they just cant find

While the politicians skillfully lie

And line their pockets on the side

How did we get bogged down in the muck?

How did we elect politicians that suck?

All I want to know is why the **** is this happening

[CHORUS]

• Members

I have to admit to prefering the "Revolution" version, it was for more satisfying melodically.  Is that the ultimate plan and this is just a demo?  If not, I hope you veer back and try to format this lyric (if it is your desired direction) to that arrangement.

FWIW, I was never bothered by the vague lyric and the contrast between "revolution" and the somewhat tame chorus.

• Members

[on the topic of language restrictions and robo-censors]

As I'm sure you guys understand, I am chagrinned by the fact that this forum can no longer deliver artistic freedom of speech to its users. I'm sure we've all heard that the corporate owners' management has decided to refocus Harmony Central as an educational resource for young people.

Of course, HC always allowed users as young as 13 to register -- which was one of the reasons reasons why the SW forum as it previously existed did have rules about basic propriety and civility, but made special allowances for non-PG threads where full artistic freedom of speech was allowable in the lyrics as long as the thread was properly content marked. (Which, of course, is difficult-to-impossible now because the thread titles only permit a few words,(

At any rate, the robo-censorship, as I suggested to management before its institution, does, indeed make it difficult at times to give constructive critique. 

Sadly, this is simply another facet of HC's current operation over which users and moderators have no control.

Archived