So... what are you working on?

Lee Knight

• Members

I'm entirely focused on my EP. I've been working on mixing it, one song at a time over the course of the summer. It's been slow because I meet with the mixing engineer once a week, plus have had some vacation over the summer. It's coming along... I have one song left, then it will be mastered. Have a friend mocking up artwork, then need to figure out the whole copyright, iTunes, Amazon thing.

• Members

Mostly remastering.  Was disappointed to find that I had flubbed up some so bad that I would need to start from scratch - far too time prohibitive un fortunately - but the stuff I really like has been doable.

I may be creating a bandcamp page and putting together a collection of my 10 or so favorites as a "pay what you wish" page for downloading.

• Members

We're doing the promo push for our second album (still waiting on going live digitally, but have hard copies). I was just talking with my bass player about the third album--I proposed two different possible themes, or we could do another odds and sods collection. He's struggling to write to the themes, so I told him to see what fits, and we'll put together whatever he gets the furthest with. On the meantime, I'm dabbling a bit in all three categories, and putting together some kids music besides.

• Members

I'm working out the chords and melody for the lyric I was working on a while back: "Kristin."

I've got the first section pretty much sewed up, but I'm having trouble with the second.

I've also been fooling around with the idea of making a YouTube video for my song "Last Train to Mercerville," either for the recording recently done by Laura Ainsworth (whose husband has made a video of her version already), or to fit with my own studio demo of the tune.

• Members

I'm coming into a busy season work-wise that will last until sometime early November.  So musical activity for the duration will probably slow down to noodling around on the guitar or scribbling lyrics during short breaks.

But I think I'll set up to save any noodling and/or lyrical scribbles worth revisiting later when things slow back down.  

not very gradiose plans, but oh well.  I'm not a very grandiose guy.

nat whilk ii

• Moderators

In the process of writing songs that I could use on my EP, I'm aiming for it to be done by the end of this year. Also hopefully put out a new single within the next couple of weeks. I was planning to enter something into a songwriting contest. Still haven't decided on which song I should focus on it though. What to do?! :smileymad:

• Moderators

All you guys seem to be up "no good"! Best of... Um... Hard work to you all. These artistic endeavors never seem to garner respect from our peers sometimes it seems. Except for buying a house of course which is way respectable and way cool go man go.

Me? I'm walking the rocky road of trying to forge a relationship with a cowriter.:-) I'll keep you posted if interested warrants.

It's great to see so many of you working on cool things that sometimes it seems only ourselves understand but we have to do anyway.

Go forth and pillage!

• Members

I'm also working on a track for a friend of mine who's had some success...  (songs on Gray's Anatomy and a number of movie soundtracks).  He asked me to do a reprise of one of his songs... completely re-build it from scratch and get creative.  It's going to close-out his next album.  It's a farfisa-driven velvet undergroundish dirge of sorts.

• Members

Just relocated to Charlotte, NC for college. I orderdered some business cards and am working on recording some song demos to hand out for solo acoustic gigs. I'm really uncomfortable singing. I hate my voice, but can play and sing without batting an eye. Just gonna suck it up though...builds character right? I was playing 2-3 times a week before moving out here, and not playing is killing me.

• Members

fenderbender9 wrote:

Just relocated to Charlotte, NC for college. I orderdered some business cards and am working on recording some song demos to hand out for solo acoustic gigs. I'm really uncomfortable singing. I hate my voice, but can play and sing without batting an eye. Just gonna suck it up though...builds character right? I was playing 2-3 times a week before moving out here, and not playing is killing me.

I haven't played out in years. Last year I sang one of my tunes at a cabaret/jazz club as part of a "who's-the-next-Metro-star?" competition. Wasn't me!

I also did one of my songs with the Tierney Sutton Band at a singing workshop a few months ago. At least I got a couple of other singers interested in doing some of my material at both events.

There are a lot of open mic nights in Manhattan. I could probably go sing something of mine every night of the week if I got myself motivated enough. But I keep telling myself I'm not a singer, I'm a songwriter.

The funny thing is, the guy I emulate the most as a songwriter -- Johnny Mercer -- wasn't a great singer, but he was always on the radio, singing with Benny Goodman or making records for Capitol Records (which he created)!

I gotta get out more...

Archived