Stray Hairs...Unplugged

grace_slick

• Members

Hey lovelies!

So I am finally SLOWLY beginning to get off my butt and try to get some REAL instruments on some of my songs. My friend Bob in Florida has kindly played piano on Stray Hairs, and although this is VERY rough so far (the other instruments will come later in the studio he's working in), I think this unplugged acoustic version is what I'll do when performing the song live.

Woo!

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12519351

Oops. I just realised this is SO not where this thread should go. Please move, Bluey! I'm sorry. I'm a bit rusty around these parts lately. :p

• Members

grace\_slick wrote:

Hey lovelies!

So I am finally SLOWLY beginning to get off my butt and try to get some REAL instruments on some of my songs. My friend Bob in Florida has kindly played piano on Stray Hairs, and although this is VERY rough so far (the other instruments will come later in the studio he's working in), I think this unplugged acoustic version is what I'll do when performing the song live.

Woo!

Oops. I just realised this is SO not where this thread should go. Please move, Bluey! I'm sorry. I'm a bit rusty around these parts lately.
:p

It's all good. After everything HC and the SWF went through, we pretty much threw out the rules because everone left was pretty much on the same page already, anyhow, by then and the occasional new member could be inculturated osmotically. Less wear and tear on everyone.  smile (Oh, and Lee Knight is pretty much the main mod, now. I'm just here for backup.)

With regard to the song, it's got some nicely engaging elements, your voice is always attractive, but I may have to wait to form a more developed opinion. I do have some concerns about the central lyrical motif. For one, when us old coots hear the phrase 'stray hairs,' they are probably more likely to think of stray hairs sprouting out of places we'd prefer they didn't (ears come to mind but let's leave it there)... a highly unfortunate association for such a lovely song. (Mind of the beholder, and all that, for sure. I'm just sayin'...) Also, some of the extension of that motif seems a bit awkward. (I think there was a line about the hairs embracing?) 

Archived