Hey! I'm Just Being Nice! Revisit and chorus vid

Lee Knight

• Moderators

I'm thinking of maybe diving back into this one. I've got a chorus idea only. See vid. Didn't quite nail it. At the end of that there's a riff.  I was going to use that as an intro but... why not write the verse over the riff? Have Dean play the riff on slide and I'll do it on acoustic and low keys piano maybe. Bonham meets country drums...

The whole thing would be a sort of Kenny Chesney gulf vibe meets the Zep.

What do you guys think. About any of this. Does the phrase Hey! I'm Just Being Nice make any more sense when you here the treatment I'm giving it or it is a wrong move? Any input is welcome.

I

Hey, I

• Members

Lee Knight wrote:

Ah! I get what you're saying, yes. You're absolutely right. I'm gonna mess with this, thanks O!

O?

Funny, I was going to say something similar, though IMO it isn't the words that need more bite, but the delivery.  Not saying the words couldn't use it, just that you need that sarcasm to appear there as well as the closing line.

• Members

Here's a dollar for the jukebox man, so you can play my song twice. Hey!

That's pretty good. I don't know if it has as much general appeal, but I totally get where you're coming from and think its great.

Find yourself another sucker, get a clue, get a life. Hey! I'm just being nice

That's pretty good and I think it has more general appeal. The only thing I'm not huge on, and this is super picky (but hey, that's why yall pay me the big bucks). I'm not sure I like find, get, get as the verbs. I think three different verbs would sing better.

Archived