Air You Breathe

bee3

• Members

Sorry - haven't been around much.  I've been catching up on Walking Dead.  :manindifferent:

I was going for a vibe/mood/atmosphere with this one...  

Air to Breathe (latest version)

Break down your walls for me

I'll pay for the air you breathe

Pardon me while I enjoy your atmosphere

And now I'm blinded by the warmth of happy tears

Break down your walls for me

I'll pay for the air you breathe

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Love the Strawberry Fields flutes and mellotronish strings.....and all the other Beatleisms....

I'm not sure the little bell tones work - maybe just fewer notes and brought forward they would work...as is they are kind of lost in the shoegaze haze....it's a fine line between sweet and too sweet - you'll have to make that call.  Feels close to that line at least to me with the little bells.  A chimey Rickenbacker electric picking a few high notes might be a good substitute for the bells.

When I saw the title "Air You Breathe" my brain immediately brought up a link to the Bee Gees "all I need is the air that I breathe and to love you".  I would change the title just to avoid that little referential detour.  

A high organ part, pipe-organish, might sound good floating way up there above the beautiful fog of dreamy sound...

Very nice - I can listen to this kind of material all day.

nat whilk ii

• Members

nat whilk II wrote:

When I saw the title "Air You Breathe" my brain immediately brought up a link to the Bee Gees "all I need is the air that I breathe and to love you".  

nat whilk ii

The Hollies.

• Members

Thanks everyone. On my mobile, so I can't properly quote.

Nat - I'm not done on this one yet, so replacing the bells is a possibility if I can find the right sound.

Martin - those strings ARE mellotron. I wasn't overly satisfied with them either. I really wanted that Rain Song sound. Not real strings. I don't work with midi (too dense to figure out how to get it going). I'll see what other sounds I have available.

Stick - yes, reverb... will give it a try.

• Members

mbfrancis wrote:

Everything but drums, yeah. Just make sure the audio file starts on a measure and I know the tempo.

Do you want me to execute your parts or do I have license? If the former, you can send me the MIDI sure

Just use DB

You have full license.  WAV file coming your way in 2 minutes.

Archived