Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy y'all, 2nd post ever here .1st on this subject. I was part of the songwriting duo and git player for a wonderful little 3-piece Rockabilly/country band 83-86 here in austin, tx. here are some lines we came up with  that i'd be curious enough to play...

" Down in Austin, There's a waitress, who works at Maudie's cafe. And I'd give my shotgun, and my Pickup truck, if I could only learn her name, cuz she's my Short Order Fantasy, A cup of coffee and some hotcakes Queen, If she only knew, yea what I go through, Well I know she'd up and die...

"Goodnight, Austin Tx., Wherever you are... The last thing uttered by Mr. Frank Zappa the night I watched him put a building where I personally grew up and witnessed in that building , was , at Willie and friends urging The Rednecks that were paddling our bottoms accepted the country hall/ Fillmore Hippies and peace was struck, and good natured fun was had....

Comment

• Mark Blackburn
      Mark Blackburn commented
      Editing a comment

You won't believe this Mr. Grabby! (Thanks for your posting, by the way).  A moment ago I just composed a reflection on my all-time favorite rock-a-billy song -- by the Everly Brothers -- to mark Phil's passing last week; I'd intended to post it on my "A Great Melody first, THEN the lyrics" thread,  then I thought the better of it, and came here to post to my "When's a country song a COUNTRY song?" because . . . well, just because!  

Lo and behold your posting that:  "I was part of the songwriting duo and git player for a wonderful little 3-piece Rockabilly/Country band 83-86 here in austin, tx."

----

If I ever get to Nashville I want to visit Woodlawn Cemetary, where many of my Country music heroes are buried

Working...
X