How important is rest and nourishment in creating or playing music?

DocD3F4U17

• Members

Frank Zappa said that coffee and cigarettes are food. I thought the same way for a while, but it will catch up to you. When I play/create for fun I treat it like a sport, and train that way. When it's for $ I treat it like a business, and my body as an asset. I tend to take care of my assets. It's pretty important to keep in shape either way. That just seems like common sense.

• Members

so your saying u got a fat bumm? hey anything is better than running i say since u play guitar take up tennis against a wall if cant find no one to play with, I doubt musicians are that serious about fitness but they should be cause no one wants to hear a fat guy play bad

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Drugs and adrennalin will fuel the fire until you can gain competency, but then the shiate wears off and you either have the lessons learned under the influence which will need to be relearned once {if} you start taking care of yourself, yet most realize they aren't comfortable or as effeceint under the influence, whereas the lucky few who are trained with love and respect don't need the drugs in the first place. As a Skater, drummer, guitarist, keyboardist, bassist and vocalist, it takes gobs and gobs of energy to pull a 2 hour set that most dont realize the optimum fuel or condition the body needs to do that and will revert to drugs to get them thru.Being a skater for 44 years has definitely helped my physical prowess, stamina and general shape of things.I'm only ten/twelve pounds over what I was in high school, and only gained 2 inches in the waist measurement in my jeans since then...

• 1 month later...
  • Members
being tired is another thing ive heard of video gamers who have trouble with power napping or somthing who have died from lack of sleep, lack of sleep is a type of fever

Tinnitus can cause major disruption to a normal sleep cycle as can undue levels of stress...

...so, use earplugs when playing LOUD or when you're close to LOUD,and TAKE CARE TO NOT STRESS OUT.

Easier said than done ..

Archived