CS-30, RY-30, Mobius, EXH DMM, Mu-tron Phasor, Looper, CR1604, Kenton

Rooftree

• Members

Photos are available for all items. PM me and I'll send them to you. All items are located in Madison, Wisconsin.

Buyer to pay shipping cost plus 3% Paypal fee. I do a lot of shipping of fragile equipment for my day job, so you can rest assured that I'll pack your purchase very well. I'd prefer to ship to USA and Canada only. I'll consider shipping worldwide on a case-by-case basis

Yamaha CS-30 (with mods) with Original Case

$1300 [sold]

Purchased 4 years ago from Modeless Factory in Japan. It's been recapped and thoroughly serviced. I had my synth tech do some service on it 2 years ago. Itemized service receipts will be provided. There's no guarantee that a vintage synth will live forever, but I think this particular one will do well for many years to come.

MODIFICATIONS: Two small toggle switches were discreetly installed on the back by Ko at Modeless Factory. They allow the LFO to be switched between normal and high-speed modes, and the sensitivity of the LFO rate knob to be normal or fine.

The CS-30 is a strange, rare, and powerful beast. It goes far beyond the simple CS-5, 10 and 15. It has modulation and routing options galore, two multi-mode filters, two oscillators plus a sub osc, and three envelopes. The LFO can be controlled by one of the 4 stage envelopes. The sequencer can have control over pitch or it can act as a modulation source.

The synth is in beautiful condition. It's fully functional. Includes hardcopies of the owner's manual, service manual, schematics, and patch book. The original Yamaha case with blue velvet lining is included. Color-coded stickers with markings are on many of the knobs. This helps visually identify oscillator, filter, LFO modulation and unusual modulation. They can be easily removed if you don't like them.

Yamaha RY-30 Drum Machine and Voice Cards

$240 for RY-30 [sold]

Clean and in good shape. All pads, buttons and controls work perfectly. Includes power supply and hardcopy of owner's manual.

Large pads are good for finger drumming. Mod wheel is handy for riding the filter cutoff. Onboard sounds are very usable and sequencer is fairly easy to use.

RY-30 voice cards

SOLD ($50 each)

RSC3003 House and Rap

RSC3004 Dance and Soul

Package price for RY-30 and 2 voice cards is $330

FR Mobius Sequencer

$440

In excellent condition. Looks almost new. Works great. Includes power supply and hardcopy of owner's manual.

Vintage EHX Deluxe Memory Man Delay Pedal

$375

An old classic analog BBD delay pedal. I took a peek inside and it uses two MN3005 chips. Works perfectly. No scratchiness in any of the knobs.

A unique thing about this pedal is the power of its feedback circuit. Crank it to 100% and it will continue to build up louder and louder until it howls so violently you think your speakers are going to explode. It's a great way to end a song or jam.

Exterior has lots of scratches. It's been thoroughly cleaned. I'm a bit of a neat freak when it comes to music gear, but I really like the aged look of this pedal. It's like an old faded pair of jeans with frayed edges.

Musitronics Mu-tron Phasor (phaser) Pedal

SOLD (was $165)

Classic vintage phaser pedal. Sounds great on strings, EP, pads. It's been around for a few decades and has lots of little dings and scratches to prove it. But it's rock solid and works perfectly.

Digitech Jamman Stereo looper

SOLD (was $150)

In almost-new condition and gently used in smoke-free home studio. This is a great looper. It's bulletproof and super easy to use. Includes power supply, owner's manual and all original packaging. Can download songs to a computer using the included USB cable.

Mackie CR1604 mixer

SOLD ($165)

Cleaned and restored! I took it apart last year and did a deep cleaning of all knobs and fader caps (they look brand new), cleaned and lubes all faders and pots, then touched up the paint. Aside from a few minor spots this thing looks great. Under bright lights and if you look closely, you'll see many areas where the paint is distorted and wobbly. But the paint blemishes aren't visible under most conditions. A few of the faders are slightly scratchy, but they're all straight and even.

My favorite thing about this mixer was having my effects on the 4 sends, then the output of each effect coming into a channel strip. Since each channel strip has aux sends I was able to send the output of any effect into the input of any other effect. Feedback into an effect is also possible with this arrangement.

Compact, tough, quiet, flexible. I'm only getting rid of this because I need the newer model which has different output and monitoring capabilities.

Kenton Pro Solo MkII MIDI to CV Converter

SOLD (was $160)

In brand new condition. Never used. Was hooked up twice to test. Includes power supply and hardcopy of owner's manual.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived