Sequential Circuits Prophet T8 For Sale

• Members

Classic Prophet T8, Serial #429. All keys, knobs, buttons work. All circuitry works. Case is in pretty good condition. The two logos on the front wooden panel have been removed, and you can see a ghost image in both places. This keyboard was purchased about a year ago by the current owner for on-stage use (as a MIDI controller - it's a long story), but it was only used once. It is currently in the Los Angeles area, but could be shipped worldwide - although shipping would be expensive, as it is pretty heavy, and VERY fragile. Please PM me with offers in the $4000 range. Thank you.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I have two more Prophets available - one that is in identical condition to #461, pretty much, but is an earlier serial (#209), and it has both logos intact on the front - and a third (#426) that has three keys that don't play (unknown reason, very odd - C#, D, and E in the second octave from the top - unless I'm holding down the D# key simultaneously), otherwise it's just like #461. Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I never knew if the T8's Polyphonic Aftertouch affected its internal sounds only. Can the T8 also transmit P-AT via its MIDI Out? Just curious about that, I'm not a potential buyer. My MIDIboard is on the fritz, so I'm saving for one of those fold-up gadgets. ;)

• Members

I'm the wrong guy to ask - I am not a T8 expert, by any means. I'm selling these on behalf of a friend. The T8s were intended as MIDI controllers for his live rig - but they proved unworkable. After I became involved, we began developing the VAX77 with the inventor, and that is now what we're using - is that the "fold-up gadget" you refer to? If so, it is a SPECTACULAR keyboard - if you like its quite "light" action.

• Members

We haven't yet really gotten into the Poly AT on the VAX. I know it works - but we don't really need it yet. Once I have some time to wring it out, we'll probably start using it more. Plus, I've got to figure out how best to get MainStage2 to coexist with PAT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Even at it's launch the P8 was a bit of a disappointment soundwise. Just did't have the balls of a P5, or even a P600. Now the Dave Smith P08 with proper knobs exists, it's hard to justify such prices. Not saying it's not a desirable piece of history from a pioneering company, but It's not worth Wine County R2 midi'd and serviced P5 prices for someone who want's to -use- it. on the upside, Howard Jones used one, but later dissed it in favour of the JP8.

All the best with it anyhow, Paul

• Members

I guess, as is true with just about everything, it's in the ear/eye of the beholder. I've sold one of my Prophets, with a second sale pending. They are classic instruments - and have truly unique keybeds, which is a big part of their appeal.

• 10 months later...
  • Members

Yes, the last of the three is still available. HOWEVER, the reason I haven't sold it is that it is not quite working right. As mentioned earlier in this thread, several keys don't sound. I haven't had time to troubleshoot the cause. If you're interested, please PM me, and we can continue the discussion in private via email. Thanks.

Archived