X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sequential Circuits Prophet T8 For Sale

Classic Prophet T8, Serial #429. All keys, knobs, buttons work. All circuitry works. Case is in pretty good condition. The two logos on the front wooden panel have been removed, and you can see a ghost image in both places. This keyboard was purchased about a year ago by the current owner for on-stage use (as a MIDI controller - it's a long story), but it was only used once. It is currently in the Los Angeles area, but could be shipped worldwide - although shipping would be expensive, as it is pretty heavy, and VERY fragile. Please PM me with offers in the $4000 range. Thank you.

Additional photos.

Comment

I have two more Prophets available - one that is in identical condition to #461, pretty much, but is an earlier serial (#209), and it has both logos intact on the front - and a third (#426) that has three keys that don't play (unknown reason, very odd - C#, D, and E in the second octave from the top - unless I'm holding down the D# key simultaneously), otherwise it's just like #461. Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

Comment

Just out of curiosity--would its current owner have used it for a single show in New York in January?

Comment

Yes - all three were used in NYC - only two on stage, though - the third was a backup. We are no longer using them, as they proved way too difficult to transport in a touring situation.

Comment

It sure is pretty.

Comment

I bet if the current owner signed them, they might move quicker.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><br />
              <a href="http://www.myspace.com/tonyorant" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/tonyorant</a> <br />
              Hitting &quot;play&quot; does not constitute live performance. <br />
              The DX7 is to keyboards what Coldplay is to rock.</div>

Comment

I still have these instruments...

Comment

#209 has been sold... Two remaining.

Comment

I never knew if the T8's Polyphonic Aftertouch affected its internal sounds only. Can the T8 also transmit P-AT via its MIDI Out? Just curious about that, I'm not a potential buyer. My MIDIboard is on the fritz, so I'm saving for one of those fold-up gadgets.

Comment

I'm the wrong guy to ask - I am not a T8 expert, by any means. I'm selling these on behalf of a friend. The T8s were intended as MIDI controllers for his live rig - but they proved unworkable. After I became involved, we began developing the VAX77 with the inventor, and that is now what we're using - is that the "fold-up gadget" you refer to? If so, it is a SPECTACULAR keyboard - if you like its quite "light" action.

Comment

Yeah, the VAX77. I don't care about the folding aspect, as I'm not a performer. But I've become accustomed to P-AT.

Comment

We haven't yet really gotten into the Poly AT on the VAX. I know it works - but we don't really need it yet. Once I have some time to wring it out, we'll probably start using it more. Plus, I've got to figure out how best to get MainStage2 to coexist with PAT.

Comment

Even at it's launch the P8 was a bit of a disappointment soundwise. Just did't have the balls of a P5, or even a P600. Now the Dave Smith P08 with proper knobs exists, it's hard to justify such prices. Not saying it's not a desirable piece of history from a pioneering company, but It's not worth Wine County R2 midi'd and serviced P5 prices for someone who want's to -use- it. on the upside, Howard Jones used one, but later dissed it in favour of the JP8.
                            All the best with it anyhow, Paul

Comment

I guess, as is true with just about everything, it's in the ear/eye of the beholder. I've sold one of my Prophets, with a second sale pending. They are classic instruments - and have truly unique keybeds, which is a big part of their appeal.

Comment

Working...
                              X