KORG DSS-1 SAMPLER Upgraded w/USB support, backlit LCD, combo floppy & SCSI

imissthewar

• Members

$495 plus shipping/insurance

DSS-1 with the Tom Virostek's mod. It was purchased direct from Tom only a few months ago. If you're unfamiliar with Tom's mod, it really brings the DSS-1 into the 21st century...

-16M X 12-bit (24MB) of memory (64 banks)

-USB file storage with subdirectories (FAT file system for easy PC transfer)

-more comprehensive diagnostics

-ability to assign sliders to program parameters

-ability to have all 4 systems from floppy (A-D) in memory at once

-up to 64 multisounds at once (instead of 16)

-128 programs at once (instead of 32)

-samples stored on USB drive are in .WAV format

-Auto Portamento has been implemented

-Update from USB drive has been implemented

I've loved using this beast, but I'm moving to a smaller space and won't have the room anymore. It functions perfectly, and to my knowledge Tom is sold out of pre-modded DSS-1s, so if you don't want to do the upgrade yourself this is the one to get. I will also include an SD card with the original DSS-1 library.

I have little experience with Harmony-Central classifieds but I'm on ebay as lpettipoole with 100% feedback. I'm asking $495 plus shipping/insurance, which is what I paid. PM me if interested.

• Members

I just need to know where to buy a floppy or a store to find I have one i bought at a yard sale but no floppies. can you help me?
DSS-1 with the Tom Virostek's mod. It was purchased direct from Tom only a few months ago. If you're unfamiliar with Tom's mod, it really brings the DSS-1 into the 21st century...

-16M X 12-bit (24MB) of memory (64 banks)
-USB file storage with subdirectories (FAT file system for easy PC transfer)
-more comprehensive diagnostics
-ability to assign sliders to program parameters
-ability to have all 4 systems from floppy (A-D) in memory at once
-up to 64 multisounds at once (instead of 16)
-128 programs at once (instead of 32)
-samples stored on USB drive are in .WAV format
-Auto Portamento has been implemented
-Update from USB drive has been implemented

I've loved using this beast, but I'm moving to a smaller space and won't have the room anymore. It functions perfectly, and to my knowledge Tom is sold out of pre-modded DSS-1s, so if you don't want to do the upgrade yourself this is the one to get. I will also include an SD card with the original DSS-1 library.

I have little experience with Harmony-Central classifieds but I'm on ebay as lpettipoole with 100% feedback. I'm asking $495 plus shipping/insurance, which is what I paid. PM me if interested.

Archived