Rickenbacker 4001 bass Lost (perhaps stolen)

thx1136

• Members

I am missing my Rickenbacker 4001 bass. It was inadvertently left behind by a friend in a facility that the church he attends no longer uses. There is currently a search being made for the instrument, but it has not been found. The facility mentioned has recently been sold which complicates matters. It is possible it was taken by someone, but I hesitate to call it stolen as of this posting. It was last known to be at 4440 College Ave., Des Moines, IA. The photo included is one I took in 2010 for insurance purposes.

The bass is in a black Rickenbacker case, blue plush interior and there is a Rickenbacker bumper sticker on the exterior of the case. The bass is finished in fireglo and the s/n is QJ4350. If all things are still intact there should be a rainbow colored nylon strap in the case also. My bass has a unique third bridge adjustment set screw which adjusts the tilt of the bridge. This is a custom mod which would help further identify my instrument.

My only interest is getting the bass back and would appreciate any help offered in this case. Thanks!

64b6f3659d5ff3a777c7c5edd6640d10.thumb.jpg.bea939bf2e130b0061548e66990c23ad.jpg

Archived