SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!! PRICE REDUCTION!!! (PRICE CLARIFIED!) Dingwall Lee Sklar model (5 string, candy apple red)

stewlyons

• Members

for sale: my dingwall lee sklar signature model 5 string electric bass guitar.

i am the original owner. i purchased it in september, 2010.

body wood: northern ash/alder (dual-density)

neck wood: 5-piece maple

fingerboard: wenge

finish/color: polyester/candy apple red

pickups: dingwall super-fatty

pre-amp: glockenklang (custom midrange)

headstock: matching color

hipshot xtender key (drops B string to A)

weight: 9 lbs., 6 oz.

serial #: 4291

custom fitted skb 44 case is included (case itself cost me approx. $100 and getting the case custom fitted cost me $200).

i do not have a gig bag.

i will include 3 sets of new, unused voodoo bass 5-string, light-gauge/stainless strings sets. i can also give you, if you want, a used set of above strings that i cleaned in a bass string cleaning tube containing denatured alcohol (see http://www.tunemybass.com/strings/bass_ ... _tube.html).

i have played out with this bass some, but always babied it; i don't think there are any scratches or blemishes on it. needless to say, everything works perfectly, sounds incredible, plays incredible.

i bought a dingwall super j about a year ago and have been playing it exclusively. so the sklar has just been sitting in the case for a year.

(MY REDUCED PRICE IS $3,300. AND I WILL NOW PAY FOR SHIPPING, PACKAGING AND INSURING. I WAS ORIGINALLY ASKING FOR $3,400, WITH THE BUYER PAYING FOR SHIPPING, PACKAGING AND INSURING. MY ORIGINAL ASKING PRICE DID NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE PAYPAL FEE I WILL HAVE TO PAY. THE BOTTOM LINE IS I WILL NOT SELL UNLESS I CLEAR AT LEAST $3,000, AFTER SHIPPING, INSURANCE, PACKAGING AND PAYPAL FEE. I BELIEVE THAT I CAN PACKAGE, INSURE AND SHIP THE BASS ANYWHERE IN THE LOWER 48 FOR $200, AND IF YOU BUY BY PAYPAL THAT WILL COST ME ANOTHER APPROXIMATELY $100, SO THAT IS WHY I AM SETTING THE PRICE AT $3300. IF YOU HAVE SOME OTHER IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR SHIPPING, PACKAGING OR PAYING, LET ME KNOW AND I WILL CONSIDER IT, AS LONG AS I END UP CLEARING AT LEAST $3,000. FOR INSTANCE, YOU COULD PAY BY MONEY ORDER, OR I COULD PACKAGE IT MYSELF, COSTING ME ABOUT $50 LESS, ETC.)

(IN ADDITION, I AM UPLOADING ADDITIONAL PHOTOS I JUST TOOK OUTSIDE. I DON'T THINK THE PHOTOS TURNED OUT PERFECTLY AS THERE IS DEFINITELY SOME GLARE AND REFLECTION IN SOME OF THE PHOTOS, BUT THEY ARE PROBABLY THE BEST I CAN DO. SO, LOOKING AT THE BASS AS CAREFULLY AS I DID TAKING THESE PHOTOS TODAY, 8/10/14, THE ONLY BLEMISH I COULD SEE WAS A TINY NICK ON THE HEADSTOCK, ON THE TREBLE SIDE, ON THE EDGE OF THE TOP AND THE SIDE. MAYBE THE SIZE OF THE HEAD OF A PIN? I TRIED TO CAPTURE IT IN THE PHOTO, BUT NOT SURE HOW WELL IT CAME OUT. ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HEADSTOCK IS SOMETHING THAT LOOKS LIKE IT MIGHT BE A SCRATCH, BUT I'M NOT SURE BECAUSE WHEN I RAN MY FINGERS OVER IT I COULDN'T FEEL ANYTHING, SO IT MIGHT BE IN THE WOOD. IT MIGHT NOT BE A BLEMISH. I TRIED TO TAKE A PHOTO OF IT AND IN THIS CASE I THINK THE PHOTO MAKES IT LOOK WORSE THAN IT IS, BUT IN ANY CASE IT'S BARELY PERCEPTIBLE. SUFFICE IT TO SAY THIS BASS IS MINTY, EXCELLENT, TOP-NOTCH CONDITION. THE ONLY OTHER THING I HAVE TO POINT OUT IS ABOUT THE CENTER LATCH ON THE CASE. I TOOK THE LOCK OUT OF THE CENTER LATCH. THE LATCH CLOSES FINE JUST LIKE THE OTHER TWO. IF YOU WANT A LOCK I BELIEVES SKG HAS THEM FOR A NOMINAL PRICE.)

(TO SEE THE PHOTOS I UPLOADED TODAY, 8/10/14, CUT AND PASTE THIS LINK INTO YOUR BROWSER: https://picasaweb.google.com/1048984...8/August102014)

feel free to contact me at my e-mail address: stewlyons@aol.com.

thanks.

83bb37d97fd871bae8a6c876b35a34aa.jpg.c4ff6df3e01a6b92df422cddd996f2c3.jpg

0e03d5320ba6506fd248833147fa97a3.jpg.26d3165846dd7a0568fbccb51a99d34b.jpg

f91f4d1fe893b843db730611ff0b3e62.jpg.01245b275e48308045b90d015786cbba.jpg

e4ede8ca1efa94cb23e60625bac2a8fc.jpg.eac5df6d966df35ca94662bde788a584.jpg

75bd377d941ec4ed9ddbc214b08ce3bb.jpg.2388f25dc5ca3272f510ffe71dc2e967.jpg

• Members

Looks like a nice instrument... but I have trouble understanding why you'd want pups right next to each other. Isn't the point of multiple pickups to get a variation in tone from the brightness near the bridge to the more rounded sound near the neck?

Archived