neck relief for fender

search now

• Members

ya, I read about 14 . Is that about right? Do you do it like a guitar? capo on 1st fret, fret on last fret, measure at 7th fret? I aint fussy its just a bass after all ,it doesnt have to be perfect,like a guitar.

I accidently bought 105 e string ,strings and now I have to re-set the whole setup. I might have to go back to a lighter guage but I will try these 1st. I had 105s on it a long time ago and got it playing so I could play it.

• Members

Pretty close on your setup.Capo on 1st fret,fret the 12th fret,measure on Fender's at the top of the 8th fret (.015" - factory).Also I should mention,take into account your playing style and fret buzz.This is just a starting setting.I do hope this helps you out!

T

• Members

Pretty close on your setup.Capo on 1st fret,fret the 12th fret,measure on Fender's at the top of the 8th fret (.015" - factory).Also I should mention,take into account your playing style and fret buzz.This is just a starting setting.I do hope this helps you out!

T

oh! ok ,Ill try that. I was fretting on the last and measuring on the 7th like a guitar.Thanks

• Members

T

I checked the fender site and they said fret at last fret ,not 12th . Do you know something they dont,or are you a typical bass player.

Archived