Electra/Westone Futura

BrendanO

• Members

Electra/Westone Futura...possibly Ventura, I've seen it called both. Serial number puts it as an '84 Matsumoku make.

34" scale

1.57" nut

Maple neck

Rosewood fretboard

Maple body (I've only seen the body material mentioned once, so dunno if it's true or not).

It's not light, but it's not a back breaker. It, quite surprisingly, doesn't neck dive. Big, thick P sound with some more extreme cosmetics. The neck is between a P and a J, profile wise, but closer to a J.

Includes a hardshell case, which I'm told is original, but it doesn't have a logo on it, one way or the other. Currently sporting black gnurled dome knobs, but I'll see if I can dig up the speed knobs, if that's your thing. Everything on it works; it holds tune, the truss rod has adjustment room either way, the frets are in fine condition, and electronics are quiet.

Two dings, one on the front of the upper rear "wing" and one on the beveled edge above the pickup. Both are small, neither deep or wide. Some finish swirling on the back and above the pickup (from thumbs, I imagine), but nothing else.

$275 shipped in the CONUS.

More pics available to interested parties. Trade wise, the only thing I'm interested in at the moment would be a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 mosfet or Bass-drive mosfet.

DSC00165.jpg

Archived