FS: Ritter Classic 4 - Sword Inlay

Proton Lenny

• Members

OK, I've come to the conclusion that unfortunately I have to sell this bass to fund a new one on the way. It is the best bass I've personally played hands down, but I just ordered a 6 string and I won't be playing my four that much anymore. So instead of having this gorgeous bass sitting on a stand all day, let's get it into someones hands who will continue to make it sing!

Specs:

Ritter Classic 4 (#640) http://www.ritter-instruments.com/certificates/0640.pdf
Bone Nut
Mahogany Body
Flamed maple top
3-piece maple neck
Ebony fingerboard
34" Scale
Ritter's progressive string spacing (about 20mm, but adjustable down a few mm if desired)
Normal Ritter Masterbar Pickups and EQ
White Pearl Sword Inlay

I've had this bass about 4 years. I've taken really good care of it. It has always been in a case if I'm not wearing it. It sounds absolutely stunning. Very punchy, and funky. Clean and crisp slap vibe. And really transparent for chordal work. You can set the action up as low as you like (the neck is almost completely flat with the strings floating right above the frets for me). Do to the expansive EQ, hum-canceling singles, two fat humbuckers, and passive/active electronics, a wide array of sounds are available at your fingertips.

Functionally the bass is perfect. Overal, it is in great cosmetic conditions. Fret ware is minimal to zip. The only real noticeable marrings are on the bottom of the lower bout and a tiny scratch under the coil tap. The surface scratch on the bout was from a button on my jeans. I didn't notice it immediately because of its location, its hard to see! The scratch only went through the top layer of finish, so it is still black. Tried to capture it in one of the pictures. The original black washers fell off on the coil taps. I'm not sure where or when. I replaced them with chrome ones and when I was putting them on I hit the surface with the wrench. Doh! It is a tiny scratch, bout 3-4mm. Besides those two, the bass looks great! I've kept the fingerboard and pickup covers clean, and oiled them regularly. I get comments on it constantly. Especially the sword!

The only other thing I did to the bass (besides replacing the lost coil-tap washers) was put springs under the pickups for adjustment. I compressed the original foam all the way, and I needed to raise the pickups, so I found springs that fit and put them in there. It now is adjustable up and down as many times as one likes. The springs didn't affect the sound or feel at all. And there is no rattling or anything like that. If you really wanted you could take them out and put foam back in. The springs are just held in by pressure, no screwing or drilling was done.

If you are seriously interested hit me up. I'm not really looking for trades since I'm selling this to fund a bass on the way. However I would consider a Dingwall 6 string. I think I've pretty thoroughly covered all anyone would be curious about, but feel free to ask questions. I purchased this bass for right under $7500. Looking to get around $4250 local sale. If outside of driving distance to Kansas City, add shipping cost. Will come with original Ritter case and certificate. I'm really sad to even think about letting this one go, but I figure I can always get another one down the road. Maybe my fully custom dream Ritter! PM for more info or offers.
6304394290_d2efc3fc3d_b.jpg
6304393602_1fecdefd05_b.jpg
6303865297_f31833f2b2_b.jpg

Archived