FS: USA Peavey Foundation Bass - $250 shipped

JeffTD

• Members

I'm selling my Peavey Foundation 4 string bass. Made in the USA in the mid 90's, specs here (PDF).

These basses are the absolute definition of a sleeper. Resale on them isn't great and the prices remain super, super low despite them being on-par with MIA Fenders.

It's in great condition for its age - virtually no fret wear and only a few finish chips (filled in by previous owner with a sharpie, all pictured. One on edge near arm rest, two below the bridge where the string ball-ends rest). Since it's a 15+ year old instrument with a black finish, it has the expected hairline scratches that black guitars/basses inevitably attract, but it really is in great shape.

The ferrite pickups are relatively popular among bassists - kind of like a warmer jazz bass setup. Overall the instrument is bright, punchy, and very clear. I really love this bass and wouldn't be selling it if it weren't completely redundant next to the 6 other basses we have at the studio.

I'm asking $250 shipped in the CONUS for the bass and matching hardshell case, which is in good condition but opens completely (strap that usually props the lid up at a 90

Archived