FS: Fender American Jazz Sunset Orange Transparent

Jederino

• Members

800 + Shipping

Oh my, I cannot stand getting rid of this bass!!!!! I absolutely love it, but I have debt to take care of, so:

- 2003 Fender Standard American Jazz Bass

- Sunset Orange Transparent (rare, and very funky!)

- Serial: Z2139571 (see pic)

- Bought at Guitar Center in Boston

- Extremely well kept; I used this bass only at home for practice and recording

- This has the string-through-body which is most excellent!!

- Harshell case included along with fender truss rod adjuster

th_61922_DSC01263_122_390lo.JPGth_61933_DSC01266_122_1163lo.JPGth_61942_DSC01264_122_390lo.JPGth_61959_DSC01268_122_932lo.JPG

• Members

The Guitar Center just down the road from me has a Sunset Orange Jazz (with the S1 switch) for $700. It is only a month or so old and was a trade-in.

I know you have bills to pay and I sympathize with you, but your price is kind of high if a music chain store is selling the same instrument for less.

• Members

Dale, thanks for the tip

I live in the middle of nowhere (Northern VT), so I have no idea what the current going price is on used gear in stores. Not to rag on you either, but PM the person to inform them of this kind of tip, its a little more polite to their sale that way. I wouldn't base the market value of a used bass on what guitar center does anyway. I used to live in a big city (Dallas) and I had many friends that worked there. They can move merch quickly, especially at the end of the month to meet monthly sales quotas, AND they will most likely sacrifice used gear to do so. Thats one thing I miss from living in a city . . . ha ha!

But, I won't budge. I'm not in a hurry anymore to sell it, so if it takes awhile to sell, thats fine with me. Sunset Orange isn't the most popular color, but the people that like it usually LOVE it . . kind of like me, but I like another bass more, so its gotta go. I gauged my price on US standard basses that sell on ebay with similar condition and year (give or take a few years).

Sounds like a good deal on the bass though! You should get it!

• Members

Have you ever played anything off the wall at a Guitar Center. I think Fender has a special barrel of monkeys that build instruments for GC... or maybe the "setup" is done by monkeys in the GC backroom?!? Not sure, but it blows my mind when I see what could be a nice instrument on the wall and when you take it down it's virtually unplayable. I'd much rather pay a little more for a decent playing bass than have a turd that I saved a few bucks on at GC.

• 5 years later...

Archived