FS: Unique high-end bass: Boogie Bodies $500

jsonnenblick

• Members

Hi all -

I have a very interesting 4-string with Barts, a 2-band EQ, and a 2TEK bridge. I got it years ago in a trade with Guitar Villa, where the story was that the bass had been there on consignment from the builder, but then the builder went out of business.

I am thinking of selling. This is a unique instrument, for sure, but with great features, great playability, and a great modern sound. FWIW, I would characterize the bass's tone as sort of an Alembic/Warwick hybrid, but with more midrange than either of those.

Any info anyone might have about the bass's possible origin, history, or value would be very much appreciated, BTW.

Thanks -

Jordan

• Members

That's cool!!! This is a killer bass. I was up there around 1997-1998 and played that bass. Then, hanging right next to it was this little PJ bass with a stupid butterfly on the headstock. I had no idea what it was, but it had a $2,500 price tag and I thought "this must be a killer bass". Anyway, this thing reminded of that Fodera to this day. That is a cool bass man. You don't see them around at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived