Maestro Fuzz-Tone FZ-1B

Kalon

• Members

I have a Maestro Fuzz-Tone FZ-1B and I am trying to figure out how much it is actually worth. I've been doing research and the prices seem to range from $250-400. Also all the pictures I have seen of it, it says Gibson on the front however mine says C.M.I. When I looked into that it said that C.M.I took control of Gibson from around 1944-1969. Does this make it worth more or less? It works great and it is still in pretty good condition, the paint is scratched up a little bit but it just looks worn. Does anyone have any idea?

• 5 years later...
  • Members

Hey there. I kno this post is a few years old but figured I'd respond just in case. I have the fuzz tone fz1B model as well, and mine says cmi on it instead of Gibson. I do kno that the model before these the fz1A are worth a ton. Like 1k-4k. But any ways I couldn't find out too much info on value of the cmi model, only that it stands for Chicago music industry and that is who manufacturered it for a short time and Gibson owned them. Wish I had more info. Thanks 

• 1 year later...