PedalTrain Mini - Fuel Tank Jr. mod available

Brim

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ever think about going the next level up to a Pedaltrain Jr and a PedalPower 2+?

Doesn't the PT Jr fit a Voodoo PP2+ already. I think they comes with brackets...you only have to drill two pilots on the frame of the PT Jr. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Doesn't the PT Jr fit a Voodoo PP2+ already. I think they comes with brackets...you only have to drill two pilots on the frame of the PT Jr. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You could work with the older models that Pedal Train built before they began adding the PP2+ brackets to the boards.

I know it's a big selling point if a PT comes with the brackets or not. People might not be as hesitant when buying a used PT if they know they have a place to get their board modded if it doesn't come with brackets.

• Members

The manual reads "power supply comes with a country appropriate power cord"...so it would safe to assume that the internal power transformer switches voltage on its own.

EDIT: this info is wrong (my mistake). The FuelTank Junior comes in two flavors, 115v for US / Canada / South America etc. and 230v for EU, AUS, Hong Kong, Phillipines, etc. I can get the 230v verision but it's a special order (must be paid 100% up front). :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

great looking stuff! I have a 1st gen PT2, a Zip tied power strip, and a dc brick! I'm checking into the burkey flatliner 6 to take care of all of my multi-voltage pedal issues. They have a variable voltage output selector for each ped ranging from 9,12,14,and 18v (I think?), anyway, having the TC nova stuff or the T-Rex things that use their own specific wart, the burkey seems pretty universal. I believe they cover the Radials too. Again, great work! cheers!

• Members

great looking stuff! I have a 1st gen PT2, a Zip tied power strip, and a dc brick! I'm checking into the burkey flatliner 6 to take care of all of my multi-voltage pedal issues. They have a variable voltage output selector for each ped ranging from 9,12,14,and 18v (I think?), anyway, having the TC nova stuff or the T-Rex things that use their own specific wart, the burkey seems pretty universal. I believe they cover the Radials too. Again, great work! cheers!

Thanks for your kind words chipthechef!

The Flatliner SIX is a really cool little power supply. It is expensive though, more than double the Fuel Tank Junior, and can not power the 400mA-15vDC Radial Tonebone series pedals. The Flatliner PRO, however can power the Radial Tonebone pedals but only with a modification from Burkey, check this link: http://www.burkey.nl/tonebone.htm. The SIX can vary voltage but is limited to 100mA per port. Also the SIX is 72mm tall (2.8") so it wouldn't fit the PT Mini the way I perform this mod. I'd have to come up with something new. I guess you could put it on top with the other pedals or vertically inside the back rail space. (Both units are out of stock from the USA Distributor) :)

Update: I'm taking an extended vacation! Will be back to work on Thursday. I do have access to the Internet and email so I can take orders and answer questions. Thanks everyone!

• Members

The Lava plugs are lower profile than the George L's so if you want to get pedals really close Lava solderless plugs are it. Only plug that gets pedals closer are soldered pancake flat plugs. I also like the Lava plugs because you can reuse, snip off, change right angle to straight, etc, all fairly quickly and easily. No soldering for solder wary people!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived