[FS on eBay] Binson EchoRec / Echo Rec P.E. 603-TE / PE 603 TE (serviced & working!)

DemoColorScheme

• Members

I'm selling the last of the 4 Binson EchoRec's I have had.

I've already sold my serviced E4T, serviced B2 and a broken B2 (on eBay as well)

and am now selling the last one, a P.E. 603-TE straight from the 70ies, completely professionally serviced.

I'm saving up for a Yamaha CP-70, hence why.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Binson-EchoRec-Echo-Rec-P-E-603-TE-PE-603-TE-603TE-serviced-working-/120858351321

Binson603-1.jpg

Binson603-2.jpg

Binson603-3.jpg

Binson603-4.jpg

Binson603-6.jpg

Binson603-7.jpg

Binson603-8.jpg

Binson603-9.jpg

Binson603-10.jpg

Binson603-11.jpg

This particular P.E. 603-TE model has been professionally serviced by a Dutch company called Technophobia Analog Audio Solutions. The guy owning it has been my go-to guy for years now and is highly skilled in repairing and servicing whatever I bring him. I would go so far by saying that, by now, he's Holland's number one Binson EchoRec expert.

I would also go so far as saying that this is the best Binson I've owned. I've owned 4, so that does kinda say a lot. Wonderful unit and I prefer it to the other Binson's I've had and played.

4 playback modes instead of the common 3 modes, an extra EQ, a gain stage for lovely overdriven sounds, 3 in and outputs, you name it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The following has been done:

- the entire schematic has been written out -

- completely cleaned -

- the disc has been cleaned and perfectly aligned. It's also been oiled and motor paste has been applied to achieve proper smear -

- the disc surface has been cleaned and oiled as well -

- capstan has been cleaned and oiled -

- the motor has been rewired and serviced and wire breakage has been prevented -

- heads have been cleaned and are now correctly aligned (huge hassle!) -

- all wiring has been replaced by shielded wiring, something which took a long time. A common thing that needs to be done because the wiring just gives in after years of use -

- the heaters have been rewired as well to be fully functional -

- completely biased -

- felt bits have been replaced -

- tubes have been checked and added -

- all contactpoints have been sprayed for proper conduct -

- trimpots (dry volume / dry tone / overall tone [delay] / feedback / input gain [impedance] / EM84 gain stage) have been set optimally -

- the Magic Eye has been adjusted for the input volume and placed optimally -

- power capacitors have been replaced with new working ones -

- fuses have been renewed -

- trafo has been checked. measured and cabling has been neatly tucked away -

- Durancetest and endurancetest have been done to ensure it's in 100% working order -

---------------------------------------------------------------

I will ship worldwide for $75,-

The unit will be shipped via PostNL, the main Dutch Postal Service. You will, of course, receive a tracking code and I'll make pictures of the actual paperwork!

I expect serious offers! I've owned 4 Binsons, all kinds of Echoplexes, Roland tapes delays, Copicats ... you name it. I'm very much aware of the prices.

... so, good luck bidding!

I will take bids outside of eBay, as long as it's from the starting bid and up.

Archived