FS/FT 3 Beauties! Custom shop '57 classic strat, Thorn GT, Tom Anderson Cobra, Suhr Custom "Galaxy Drip"

patmack

• Members

PICTURES AT THE BOTTOM

CONTACT ME FOR MORE

Looking to sell mainly however still looking for the right R8 or PRS. Let me know what you have and we can talk.

1957 HLE GOLD Relic

Body: Select Alder

Colors: HLE Gold

(“Thinskin” Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)

Source: U.S. Fender Custom Shop

All Original Detailing, Built From Original Tooling, Built as if bought new in its respective year and brought forward in time.

Body Weight: 3.8 pounds

NECK: Soft V Maple

This neck is in excellent plus condition. Very nice one piece quarter sawn Maple neck with 9.5" radius narrow jumbo frets. A beautiful neck.

Custom Shop Build Specifications

Neck thickness at 1st Fret .802

Neck thickness a 12th Fret .942

Neck: Quartersawn Maple with a ‘57 Soft “V” shape

Fingerboard: 1-piece Maple, 9.5” (241 mm) Radius

No. of Frets: 21, Narrow Jumbo

Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)

Width @ Nut: 1.650” (42 mm)

Hardware: Nickel/Chrome

Pickups: Detemple Sweet Spots

Deluxe Case and case candy/COA included

Cash price is $2500

Trade value a little more -as new cond

Thorn G/T 083 (Ron’s best Dale Wilson impression)

If you are unfamiliar with Ron Thorn’s work you are missing out. Ron has been building guitars for decades and supplied some of the top boutique builders with parts for years so there’s a chance you already know his work –go to Thorn Guitars.com to learn more.

This is a wicked cool one of a kind build from the master. This guitar was custom ordered with a more than a nod toward a Dale Wilson Tele –it’s better! Ron is always innovating and this guitar is a master class in innovation. It features a SUPER RARE Brass Knuckles 1-piece bridge. IMO, this gives the guitar better more uniform response and sustain like a Les Paul. In addition Ron’s Precision Lock dove-tail neck joint makes this the most stable non glued neck I have experienced in thirty years playing/collecting guitars. Add to this the staple top P90 and matching staple top in the bridge and you have a truly innovative instrument. There is nothing else like it.

Innovation is great however it needs to translate and that is where this guitar shines! The hand polished frets make it an absolute pleasure to play. The “fat back”neck is sublime –nice and thick but not overly so –Think PRS wide fat. The finish is super thin nitrocellulose lacquer–used for eons on the best instruments in the world because it allows the wood to age, dry and improve aka sweeten with time. The body is a single piece Mahogany. Neck features a contoured heel for super easy access to the upper frets.

This one guitar you will not want to put down. Whoever buys/trades for this is going to be extremely happy.

SPECS:

· 1-piece Hog Body

· Hog Neck

· Fatback Neck Profile

· TV yellow Finish

· 22 Hand Polished frets

· Rosewood Board with Mastodon ivory dots & Firesun

· Matching painted peg head

· Kluson Deluxe Tuners

· 25.5 Scale

· 1.670 nut width

· Joe Barden Dish with Thorn Brass Knuckle 1-piece saddle

· Thorn Stable top G/T and Bridge pickups

· Premium electronics by Bourns, CRL & Switchcraft

· Vol

· Tone

· 3-way

· Electro-Socket Input

· Comes with Leather bound premium OHSC tools, keys and hand tag

$2550 Cash

Trades Interest: Gibson R8 R0 R9, Suhr (Modern of Standard), Tom Anderson's DT, Angel, Bulldog) , Tyler (HSE) , Mcnaught, Huber, PRS – CU 22 Artist, DGT, ME or similar. Hit me up you never know. Trade Value $2700

Tom Anderson has garnered a decades long reputation as one of the most elite guitar builders ever. In the late 70s and early 80s Tom was the main influence at Schecter during their golden age in Van Nuys California. Later Tom was an OEM supplier for many top custom shops all over the US. In 1988 Tom shifted focus to building custom high end guitars on a peerless level under his own name. The rest is history!

This is my 1999 Cobra Special. It is simply the best p90s equipped guitar I have played/owned in 30 years playing and collecting guitars. Every single Anderson I have owned has been special with a vibe and feel all it's own. Long and widely considered Tom's best, the Cobra is a versatile tone machine made for the player in mind. Most obviously, it's a brilliant boutique build with quality and action that is peerless. And yes, it's stunning to look at with a classic 60s vibe to it however this guitar is a TOTAL TONE BEAST! The pickups were swapped out for a set of p90s from Porter Pickups. They sound huge and are very versatile. So good in fact, you can see this guitar on their website. Excellent condition, real minor clear coat impressions here and there nothing to photograph.

If you have the budget, do not let this one get away! I have perfect 5 star ratings and 100% feedback for a reason. I have collected guitars for 30 years now and I can tell you, this one is truly a once in a lifetime build!

SPECS:

Guitar Model: Cobra Special

Body Wood:Mahogany

Body Finish:Translucent Cherry

Neck Wood:Mahogany, Rosewood Fretboard

Neck Finish:Black Headstock, Satin Back

Neck Back Shape:Slimmer Cobra

Nut Width:1 11/16 in

Frets:Medium

Hardware Color:Chrome

Bridge:Non-Tremolo Fixed Bridge

Switching:3 Way

$2699 Cash

$2800 Trade

KILLER SUHR STANDARD!!! NOT PRO SERIES! Killer finish, unreal tone! Mint Specs are listed on the build sheet. Hit me up with questions if you have any. This guitar is mint and comes with OHSC case candy build sheet tools etc.

Mainly looking for an R8 with killer top or maybe a Serious PRS ME III or Artist in rare colors -it has to speak to me : ) or will sell for $2900

Trade value a little higher

DSC07668_zpsvh7slbjv.jpg

DSC07653_zpsxikpy8k7.jpg

DSC07583_zpsxplx9r32.jpg

DSC07577_zpshqnryr5w.jpg

DSC07570_zpsw4jjsttg.jpg

DSC07568_zpsoxc2ygu9.jpg

DSC07557_zpstrk641ji.jpg

DSC07377_zpsgufxnirj.jpg

DSC07370_zpsv5w0mb1x.jpg

DSC07358_zpsjnzcsdli.jpg

Archived