FS- 80's Custom USA Hamer Vector (V)

vector350

• Members

This (IMO) amazing looking/sounding beast is not getting along with these aging fingers of mine. That's what 24 3/4" scale does for me- never did get along with them. angry017.gif

Now, many months and many hundreds of dollars in upgrades later, my fingers are all contorted and mashed up and are getting in the way of each other when I try to play up above the 12th. It's quite possibly the most frustrating guitar related issue I've ever run into. I ****************ing LOVE this guitar- the way it looks, the way it sounds, the way it hangs off the shoulder, the way it feels on stage. I just can't ****************ing play it well. Okay, I can't play, period but this one really trips my fingers up.

So, it's gotta go. It's of no use, short of a lovely bit of sculpture or fire kindling.

Details:

Mid-80's Hamer custom order- 22 frets, mahogany body, set neck, rosewood board, 2H- originally Dimarzio Super D (B) and Dimarzio PAF (N), OFR, OHSC (pretty beat up but functional) missing the truss rod cover.

Mods:

Murkat Jay at NTL routed under a new OFR for full range pull up on bar, dressed the frets, replaced tone pot w/ push/push for tapping the bridge p'up, rewired to original specs, installed and set up new OFR, replaced Dimarzio Super D with SD TB-5 (still have Dimarzio, if interested), replaced stock strap locks with Schaller locking, removed personalized 12th fret inlay and replaced with blank MOP all per my request.

Stike @ ROWYCO Custom Paint repainted from original white and black motif to current motif. One minor ding occurred while shipping that Stike will fix shortly.

I realize this guitar holds ZERO vintage value but it's quite possibly the coolest looking, baddest ass sounding, flame-throwing rawk machine I've ever owned. The smaller scale just kills me and for the life of me, not sure how that got by me as I played this for several months before I sent it out for mods and paint. sad.png

$2300.00 shipped CONUS, Canada and EU- PM for shipping quote.

Archived