Gibson 1960 ES-335 DotNeck Vintage Guitar - Cherry Red: Unbelievable!!!

came2play

• Members

Gibson 1960 ES-335 TDC Dot Neck Vintage Guitar Cherry - $75000.00

I'm helping a friend sell this guitar

"This is as close as it gets to mint... There are slight signs of handling, that's about it. The guitar is completely original, the finish, frets and every screw. The finish is amazing, the cherry color is as strong on the guitar as it is under the pickguard and pickup rings and there is no checking. I've never seen anything like this!

There were 21 ES-335's made in Cherry in 1960, the first year of cherry 335's. How many were stoptail pieces I am trying to find out... This is an incredibly rare guitar, more rare even than a blonde finished ES335 of any year! There were 50 natural 335's in 1958, 71 in 1959 and 88 in 1960... Blonde examples should no longer be the standard by which pricing is set on original Dot Necks!

If you have a museum, this is your guitar! The guitar comes with the original paperwork - the serial numbered hang tag, a 'Humbucking Pickup Adjustments' flier with Patent Applied For mentioned at the bottom, and a sheet on how to manage the adjustable truss rod... even the case key is there in it's original envelope.

The eccentricly anal person who owned this guitar seems to have had several almost imperceptably small dings filled towards the endpin on the front of the guitar. They apparently just couldn't handle the only real wear they put on the guitar. These drop fills are nearly invisible and could be easily made invisible according to one incredibly renowned guitar restoration expert I consulted on the subject. If this issue concerns you at all please feel free to email or call and ask me about the conversation I had with this gentleman.

The case is cleaner than any I've seen as well, but it does show a little handling wear.

A truly amazing and superior guitar!"

Serious buyers only. Contact me for more info & more pics.

gibson_es335_1960_in_case_full.jpg

Archived