Chrome Yamaha Pacifica 1221 MS w/ Hard Shell Case

cakewalkr7

• Members

This yamaha pacifica is a hard to find model. I've seen plenty fixed bridge pacificas similar to this but I've never seen another one with a floyd like this one. And definitely never seen another chrome one. It has some wear from all the shows it's seen but it still plays and sounds awesome. It has a very thin, fast neck with a DiMarzio Fred in the bridge position. I had it chromed a couple of years ago and it looks very cool. In case you're afraid of how the chrome would affect the tone, don't worry. I didn't notice any change in the tone when it was finished. Although it still plays well and looks great, there are some issues that the buyer should be aware of.

The chrome around the volume knob has started to lift away from the body due to the wood body expanding and contracting. It's not cracked or anything but it looks a little warped around that area.

The tremolo posts and bridge locking screws both got stripped out after so much use and as you can see in the photos I cut slots into them so I can still turn them but with a flathead screwdriver instead of an allen wrench.

After repeated use, the wood around the trem post cracked and had to be repaired (as pictured below). It was drilled out and fixed and is as good as new. The other side has been checked out by a luthier and seems fine.

You can check out some clips of how it sounds here.

The guitar comes with a hard shell case. I'm asking $550 shipped. I accept paypal and only ship to a verified confirmed address. Insurance is optional and buyers responsibility. Local buyers are welcome to come and check it out. Please contact me if you're interested. Thanks.

g3.jpg

g4.jpg

What appear to be scratches in the pickguard above is just the reflection of the case fabric.

g2.jpg

g1.jpg

Archived