FENDER TEXAS TELE 06 MINT

GarysBlues

• Members

Up for sale is a Fender two-tone Nitro finished Texas Telecaster in MINT cond. Its all stock except for the Black 1-ply Fender pick-guard I added whch I think maks it look KILLER. The original white PG will be included,

The total weight of the Tele is VERY VERY lighjt at 6lbs. I mean this is Custom Shop territory here. And it feels, play, and sounds like CS also. Just a beautifull example of what Fender is capable of doing.

Basically the Texas Tele is a 52RI Telecaster with a modern neck. The neck is a 12 inch radius with Medium Jumbo frets. The profile isna chunky C. The neck plays GREAT and there is not an issue with this neck, perfect fret work, good chunky size, Bone Nut fitted on by me, and a fast playing smooth neck in Maple with a Maple cap. The Hardware is all Vintage USA Fender with Split-Top Tuners, and a 3-Brass Barrel saddle steel bridge Fender stamped. Also a sigle vintage string tree. NOW the BODY. The body is a perfectly grained 2-piece ASH center seamed body. The neck joint is snug and perfect. The Tone transferrence is unreal. I LOVE the stock pick-ups in this Tele and its been the first ASH/maple Tele I have been able to hold on to withjout feelinmg its too bright.

If there wasn't a SPECIFIC STRATOCASTER not made anymore that I'm interested in I would NOT sell this Tele. Its a KEEPER.

NO TRADES Sorry I have a Strat picked out. Pay Pal preffered.

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_1996.jpg

No dings ssratchs, frets are 100% plus I just polished them. Just added new strings. This is a wonderfull Telecaster that impossible to replace. Very nice addition. With a HSC added PRICE $ 650.00 Though the case won't be the ohoto's 08 Fender SKB but will be a new HSC. Or buy it wthout a Hard Shell Case and save $50.00.......................Total $600.00

• Members

You guys who PM'd me about the bridge are correct. Its a Glendale bridge on the Tele. The owner gave me such a good deal on this guitar that when he asked if he could keep the Glendale for picking reasons. I could't say no. The bridge on the HWY-1 Texas Tele now is a Vintage 3-Brass Barrel Fender bridge. It also fits better and does not show the pick-up route as you see in the photo of the side [control-side]. Which is the stock bridge to the Texas Tele. All Vintage Fender tele hardware is stock to the Texas Tele. Including the Split-Top tuning machines,

Another frequent question is if this is a HWY-1 Tele. It is a HWY-1 Texas Tele which sells for $849. at MF without a Hard shell case. I am adding a Tele Hard Shell Case, not the 08 Fender/SKB xase but a Tele NEW hard Shell Case. All the original hang Tags and paperwork are included, The original white PG is also included. The aftermarket is a FENDER BLACK 1-ply PG.

What make the Texas Tele different from a HWY-1? First off the body is TWO-PIECE. Next it is a ASH body not Alder. The pick-ups are HOT Vintage custom wound U.S. built for the Texas Tele. [The designer of the Texas Tele pups wrote a very accurate article about them under Fender Reviews Texas Tele on the Fender Forum] No air beteen the magnets and the bottom plate= no microfonics. Great Rock and Roll Tele pups that lack that ear-piercing Tone associated with Ash/Maple Teles, they can actually sound warm, and the neck pup may be the best I've heard in this position. Next the neck is different. HWY-1s have a 9.5 radius and med-jumbo frets. Texas Teles have a 12 radius with Jumbo frets. The neck is a Chunky C-Shape though which slightly differs from a American Standard C, More like an early 60's C. I like it better than the U-shape which fender used in the early 50's. I like the C better and have a U here.

Whats most astonishing about this Tele? Its TOTAL weight is SIX POUNDS. I have NEVER played another production line Tele that weighed 6lbs. Custom Shop yes, but production line NO, I'm POSITIVE if you are honest with yourself, you will come to the same concxlusion.

I am a Strat player and keep this Tele around due to its weight/resonance ratio along with its feel/Tone. Its a spectacular Telecaster that someone is gonna feel VERY FORTUNATE to have CAME across.

If the tele isn't everything I say it is send it back to me [in the condition I sent it] and I will give a full refend minus S+H and PP fees.

• Members

Straight scoop guys. I was the previous owner. This is a great little guitar.

More fuel to the fire.....I am fussy about playability....This neck is really straight and stable. You can set up a crazy low action if that's your thing.

I'd have never traded if Gary had not had a thinline that I needed.

Wish I had the cash. I'd take it right back

Archived