1979 Washburn Raven FS/FT

King Loudness

• Members

This guitar is a 1979 Washburn Raven in Stained Cherry. This was made in Japan, at the Mastumoku plant. Those of you who know what the Matsumoku guitars were will attest to their greatness. Anyway, this guitar is based loosely on a Hamer Standard. It's got a double cutaway body, a nice thick mahogany neck with a rosewood fretboard, a custom designed Washburn stringthrough bridge with brass saddles, 2 Washburn or Gotoh humbuckers in creme, with original surrounds and a set of chrome tuners. It's in decent shape for its age, it has the standard scratches, dings and marks for a guitar that's been used over 30 years. It has a nice raunchy Rock sound, great for that 70s arena rock tone, but it can do more modern stuff quite well too. It also cleans up great for Jazzier and Bluesier stuff too. The only thing with this guitar that is different is that it is wired "backwards" from how a standard Les Paul type guitar would be [The bridge volume is at the front, and the neck at the back, same with the tone controls, and the switch is backwards]. I would presume that someone probably modified it to be that way, or maybe it came stock like this, I dunno. Either way, it works well, sounds great and would make a great addition to anyone's collection. I just popped a new set of 011s on there, and it's ready to Rock, or whatever you want! I'm asking $425 us + ship for the guitar plus its original case. Trade wise I'm open to anything I guess, make an offer.

016-1.jpg?t=1244336203

017-1.jpg?t=1244336216

018.jpg?t=1244336220

019-2.jpg?t=1244336243

020-1.jpg?t=1244336249

• Members

bump:wave:killer guitar i wish i had the funds :cry: great price

my gear:

01 Gibson Les Paul Classic

95 Fender American strat

93 G&L strat Ash

00 Mederios custom HSS