ESP CUSTOM SHOP KH-2 SIGNED BY KIRK HAMMETT

truthis123

• Members

I am sure of the year. I was told it is a late 90's. Maybe you guys can help determine what year it is. I can read Ibanez, Fender, Gibson ser#'s, but not ESP. Anyways, I am letting this go. It is in excellent condition, not mint, but it still looks really good. There are no dings, chips, belt-buckle rash. The frets are in amazing shape. I am not sure if these came with Certificates in the 90's or not, you can also help with that. I am looking for $1250 shipped.:)

Thanks,

Seth

P1010600-5.jpg

P1010602-5.jpg

P1010603-3.jpg

P1010604-2.jpg

P1010605-4.jpg

P1010606-4.jpg

P1010608-3.jpg

P1010609-2.jpg

P1010599-6.jpg

• Members

I thought these were made in the custom shop until 2006. Don't the non-custom shop models have a signature series stamp on the back of the headstock?

"ESP Custom Guitars" decal was used for years prior to early 2000s, and then later switched to "ESP Standard Series" , "ESP Signature Series" , and "ESP Custom Series" (I think thats how the CS went). The newer style started with Serials like "SS04..." which meant it was Standard/Signature Series, made in 2004.

The KH2s that are from the Custom Shop are the NTBs (Neck-Thrus), Relics, and Ouijas. The Bolties are all Standard/Signature Series production models.

Either or, I owned an 04 KH2 identical to this, and it was no where near the condition the OPs is in. For the price/condition/year, its a great price. Best of luck on the sale!

• Members

"ESP Custom Guitars" decal was used for years prior to early 2000s, and then later switched to "ESP Standard Series" , "ESP Signature Series" , and "ESP Custom Series" (I think thats how the CS went). The newer style started with Serials like "SS04..." which meant it was Standard/Signature Series, made in 2004.

The KH2s that are from the Custom Shop are the NTBs (Neck-Thrus), Relics, and Ouijas. The Bolties are all Standard/Signature Series production models.

Either or, I owned an 04 KH2 identical to this, and it was no where near the condition the OPs is in. For the price/condition/year, its a great price. Best of luck on the sale!

Thanks. Do you know what year it is?

Seth

• Members

shred and I just eHugged.

Seth, Im sorry, as before the new serial numbers came into play in late 2002 (I think), they had no way of tracing the year it was produced. Id put a good coin on it being a 1996 to 1998 model from what Ive seen in the past in terms of those KH serials.

• Members

shred and I just eHugged.

Seth, Im sorry, as before the new serial numbers came into play in late 2002 (I think), they had no way of tracing the year it was produced. Id put a good coin on it being a 1996 to 1998 model from what Ive seen in the past in terms of those KH serials.

I appreciate it. Thanks

Archived