1981 Fender Lead 1--Extra pickup, reversible mods and OHSC

mrlutton

• Members

PRICE DROP--Will sell for $500 with only the original pickguard and pickup it came with. HS case included.

This is a 1981 Fender Lead I guitar in good condition. 21 Fret rosewood neck, F tuners, Seymour Duncan Custom Custom alnico humbucker and a Fender alnico strat pickup added in the neck. This guitar originally only had one humbucker, but all of these models had a single coil rout in the neck spot--they used the same body type for the Lead I and the Lead II guitars from the early 80s. So no irreversible mods have been done--this is an upgrade that can be put back to stock at any time. I changed the pickguard, so the original one pickup guard is included in case you want to put this guitar back to stock specs. The guitar originally had two 3-way switches for pickup phasing and coil tapping. Now, one of the 3-way switches controls the pickup position (neck, both, bridge), and the other switch allows you to tap the humbucker in two different ways. Very versatile guitar in great condition--vintage value will continue to increase and this is a great investment.

$550 SHIPPED; cash only. Only interested in Keeley or other boutique pedals on trade toward the value of this guitar (plus cash on your end). Email me at mrlutton@gmail.com if you have questions. This is a superb blues/rock guitar, and it has been taken care of. Original pickguard and humbucker pickup that came with it when I bought it are included. Original Fender USA hard case included.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic