delete

Ambitot Pu Phan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've found you MUST be very explicit to the other party about how you want the guitar packed before shipment.

Most people don't know how to pack a guitar. I've gotten some guitars in trades on this site that I'm floored made it here OK.

(Here's a hint, once it's packed up you should be able to shake the box and not have anything move inside. Makes sense, right? Not to some.)

Not saying it's your fault or anything. I've just noticed that I have to tell people to loosen the strings (of course there are 2 opinions on this, I'm in the loose strings corner), pack it carefully, DON'T support the headstock if it's a Gibson, ect. Sad but true.

My thoughts is the shipper has found out that insurance means nothing to UPS if THEY didn't pack the box. And from the description, doesn't sound like UPS packed it to me.

• Members

Wonder why?

I hear ya, but that dude has bought and sold tons of crap and has been around here for a long time. That said, it sucks that there is a breakdown in communication.

That's why I think the OP should post in the amps forum. Some of the people that know him could probably help better.

• Members

:poke:I never ship anything by the brown snail mail. they play football with your packages. I can't belive that someone that has always been a standup guy suddenly decides to crap on someone.. :cop:I would think that he would have had time to contact you in two months. time to get on the net and findout where he is located if possible..wish he lived here I would help you out by visiting him personally.:mad:

• Members

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/member.php?u=50886

Bought Gibson Explorer from him. Guitar arrived with smashed headstock. Even pickguard and pickup switch were smashed (can you imagine that?). There were no packing at all - just paper wrapped case.
The string tensions wasn't loosened too. Very unprofessional.

So i wrote about that to seller and he replied on 23 september:

"Jesus man, I'm sooo sorry about this. I dropped it off at my local UPS Store and had them take care of it all. This has never happened to me before and I use them everytime I ship something. Send me the tracking information etc...so I can look up how much insurance I had it on it etc....either way, you'll be taken care of. I have a very good reputation on this site, so we will get this taken care of one way or another."

I sent him all information. After that he told me to wait 2 weeks for refund. I did. After that wrote him numerous PMs and emails. No answer. Almost 2 months past. No refund and answers.
Even 11 000 post on forum mean nothing here.
And good reputation too. End of story.

wat

Dimebag has been nothing but good people from what I've seen :idk: sucks if he's gonna be a douche in this situation...

• Members

:poke:I never ship anything by the brown snail mail. they play football with your packages. I can't belive that someone that has always been a standup guy suddenly decides to crap on someone.. :cop:I would think that he would have had time to contact you in two months. time to get on the net and findout where he is located if possible..wish he lived here I would help you out by visiting him personally.
:mad:

Don't they all do this (in regard to shipping companies)? You just pack well and hope for the best.

• Members

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/member.php?u=50886

Bought Gibson Explorer from him. Guitar arrived with smashed headstock. Even pickguard and pickup switch were smashed (can you imagine that?). There were no packing at all - just paper wrapped case. The string tensions wasn't loosened too. Very unprofessional.

So i wrote about that to seller and he replied on 23 september:

"Jesus man, I'm sooo sorry about this. I dropped it off at my local UPS Store and had them take care of it all. This has never happened to me before and I use them everytime I ship something. Send me the tracking information etc...so I can look up how much insurance I had it on it etc....either way, you'll be taken care of. I have a very good reputation on this site, so we will get this taken care of one way or another."

I sent him all information. After that he told me to wait 2 weeks for refund. I did. After that wrote him numerous PMs and emails. No answer. Almost 2 months past. No refund and answers. Even 11 000 post on forum mean nothing here. And good reputation too. End of story.

This is odd.

Keith lives in my city, I've done at least one trade with him that I know of, he's got a great reputation.

I've hung out with him on a couple occasions and he certainly doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would screw somebody on a deal like this. He always drops stuff off at UPS and has them pack it.

I don't know why he's not returning your messages, but I'll see if I can get a hold of him.

EDIT: shot him a text message. Perhaps he will show up to shed some light on the situation.