Washburn RR150 Sammy Hagar Model w/ Fishman Piezo RARE

Mazi Bee

• Members

SOLD!

1997 Washburn RR150 Made In Korea, includes original hard shell case. $499 plus $25 shipping.

A high quality electric guitar with great acoustic sounds in one package! Go from hard rockin' to soulful ballads without switching guitars!

This is a gorgeous, rare acoustic-electric guitar made in 1997 in Korea. It was Washburn's Sammy Hagar signature model at the time. The "RR" standing for "Red Rocker". Although if you are not a Sammy fan, no worries, there's nothing beyond the "RR150" model number on the truss rod cover, so your David Lee Roth lovin' friends won't get their feelings hurt.

This guitar is in great condition, it was kept in the included original hard shell case in the closet for most of the time I owned it. The frets are vintage sized and are in great condition. The body is alder, with a quilted maple veneer top. It sounds like it might be chambered, because it has a great acoustic sound to it unplugged.

Also the very cool thing about this guitar, it's got a rosewood acoustic type bridge on it with a Fishman Peizo pickup system in it. I've upgraded it to solid brass string pins with mother of pearl inserts that make a huge difference in the tone and sustain of the guitar. (the brass makes the sonic difference, the MOP just looks cool).

The set neck is mahagony with a rosewood fretboard, and has a great contoured heel for comfort. The scale length is 25.5". It has high quality black chrome Grover tuners.

It's got dual output jacks, so one jack goes from the humbuckers to your Marshall stack, and the other jack goes from the acoustic piezo pickup to your acoustic amp, or direct to the P.A> System for killer acoustic sounds. There's a volume and tone knob for the buckers, and a volume knob for the acoustic pickup, so you can blend the two sounds.

Please note that neck action, string height and gauge and the general setup of a guitar is a personal preference, and while this guitar feels great to me, you might prefer a different setup, in which case I encourage you to get a professional to adjust it to your specifications, or even learn to do it yourself by getting a great book like "How To Make Your Electric Guitar Play Great!" By Dan Erlewine for instance.

Included is the original hard shell case.

Washburn_RR150_001mb.jpg

Washburn_RR150_002mb.jpg

Washburn_RR150_003mb.jpg

Washburn_RR150_004mb.jpg

Washburn_RR150_005mb.jpg

Washburn_RR150_006mb.jpg

Washburn_RR150_007mb.jpg

Shipping to USA lower 48 states only, Paypal only. I will not ship anywhere else, no exceptions. Shipping is by FedEx ground, fully insured.

Will only ship to Paypal confirmed address.

Archived