Want To Buy: Gibson Blueshawk

TwoGuns

• Members

Hey fellow musicians,

If any of you guys have Gibson Blueshawk, or know someone who want to sell a Blueshawk, please hit me up! I played one in Guitar Center one time but did not have the money to buy it. That was years ago! Ebay isn't panning out too well either so drop me a line if you have a Blueshawk that needs a new home!

• Members
  • Members

• Members

are you still looking?.. Buddy of mine has one. I can get pics if you are still looking.. He wants around 600 though.. Let me know and ill run over and grab em. I sell stuff for him quite a bit.. He has a music retail store.

Yeah I am. Hit me up with some pics if you get the chance. Thanks a bunch!

• Members

Just a tip--I wouldn't pay much more than $500. You can find one at that price if you look hard enough. They're decent guitars, but pickups are not very P90-ish at all and specs are pretty low for a Gibson. I bought one a while back for pretty cheap, but was not pleased with its performance at all. They're pretty, but sonically, they could be improved (just my opinion--do your own research)

• 1 year later...
  • Members

black-no vibrato-maple on polar-mahogany neck--rosewood fingerboard--gibson gig bag--blues 90 pickups--can upload pics at request

Well everywhere I've looked I have received feedback that they aren't that great. I'd give you $400 - 500 for one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Mine sounded pretty awesome to me hooked straight up to my ampeg tube amp with a touch up overdrive + reverb + trem... very vintage 60s rock tone. Very awesome if you ask me.

If you roll the tone knob back a bit and use the neck pick-up on the default varitone setting (1), you can also get an awesome smooth jazz tone similar to a 335.

For the money, this guitar can't be beat.

• Members

Mine sounded pretty awesome to me hooked straight up to my ampeg tube amp with a touch up overdrive + reverb + trem... very vintage 60s rock tone. Very awesome if you ask me.

If you roll the tone knob back a bit and use the neck pick-up on the default varitone setting (1), you can also get an awesome smooth jazz tone similar to a 335.

For the money, this guitar can't be beat.

How much did you buy yours for?

• Members

Cheap. 400 off of an older gentleman who sold it on craigslist. I traded it for my gibson les paul + 200 cash on my end. Pretty much a stupid trade, the Blueshawk is one of the best guitars I've ever played for vintage rock / blues / and even jazz.

This guitar is somewhat rare and I only see it going up in value for several reasons : the 25.5" scale is awesome, blues p90s, the body binding / f-holes are usually only found on Gibsons which cost 2k+ and I personally loved the diamond inlays as well.

The reason I sold mine was because it was more like a museum grade guitar that just sat in a corner because I was scared of scratching / dinging it up AT ALL. The finish on the maple top is VERY thin and attracts fingerpints like CRAZY on the body where I rest my picking hand and my arm. These 'sweat' stains were a complete pain in the ass to keep off of the guitar.

I would say in all honestly, if this is what you're looking for, it wouldn't be crazy to pay up to around 650 for a near mint condition one. I *HATE* gibson pick-ups. Period. However, the blues p90s ROCKED hard for a killer vintage "Sticky Fingers"-era Rolling Stones type guitar tone.

I shouldn't have sold it! Even for a les paul... oh well, my ibanez gets all my attention anyways. ::shrug::

Archived