Oklahoma-Texas-Kansas Trading Post!

cmw1302

• Members

Looking for some semi-local trading partners, specifically in the Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas areas...

My first up for trade is a very rare Gibson Les Paul Custom Showcase Edition from 1988. If you research this model, you'll find that Gibson made 250 of these in the month of March, and made a different showcase model each month after that for 8 months total I believe. Mine actually has a February '88 serial number, so it may very well be one of the first ones made. This Les Paul Custom was configured from the factory with all black hardware, including black Grover tuners; EMG's in both the bridge and neck; and a metallic Ruby Red finish. As you can see in the pics, the neck pickup has been changed out to a Seymour Duncan. This guitar is in excellent condition for it's age. It has a few finish cracks here and there, but finish only, nothing beneath the surface. The only detracting flaw is that it has a slight bit of damage to the finish caused by one of those wall hangers that dug into the finish a little bit on both sides of the headstock. I couldn't get it to show in pics very well, but would be glad to send pics of what I have. Does not affect playability in any way whatsoever. If you play any heavy metal and always wanted a Les Paul that could hang with some of the shredder guitars out there, this is the one for you.

I do not have any paperwork or case for this guitar, so I would really prefer a semi-local deal. I live in Clinton, OK and wouldn't mind driving in any direction up to about 200 miles for a meet. Thanks!!!

As far as trades go, I'm looking for other Gibson Les Pauls or similar. Prefer humbuckers to single coils personally, but feel free to make any offers. Also interested in ES-335's, PRS Singlecuts, Bakers, etc. I would put a trade value on this of $2000-$2500. Could possibly be higher due to so few being offered. These are very hard to find. I see more of the Les Paul Custom Lite Showcase Editions in Gold and Les Paul Standard Showcase Editions in Silverburst than this model for some reason. At any rate, all of the Showcase Editions were limited to 250 each. 200 domestic, 50 shipped overseas.

th_DSC_0349.jpg

th_DSC_0348.jpg

th_DSC_0350.jpg

th_DSC_0351.jpg

• Members

Great thread..... I've got a 58' reissue Mary Kaye custom shop strat I'd consider trading. I also have a Bogner Shiva head and 2x12 bogner cab i'd think about trading. I'd be looking primarily for a recent Les Paul.

• Members

I'm in Amarillo, I've got a Road Worn 50's Strat and a Classic 30 in tweed for sale.

Both are already listed here on HC.

I have a V30 coming for the amp and a set of toneriders for the strat.

Kirk

• Members

Please post pics of anything you have up for trade... looking for trading partners in the Oklahoma - Texas - Kansas areas. I've been burned with shipping problems a few too many times lately and I'd much prefer to find some local traders. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This looks like one dead ass thread! Let's put some stuff up and see what happens.

Picket Stik-itcaster

Warmoth Pro Neck thin tele profile with SS 6105 frets ebony on maple goodness

GFS ash body - neck and body finished with tung oil

Locking tuners - gotoh style

Fender Custom Shop Texas Special pups

three way selector and alpha pots

nut tusq xl installed by warmoth

009-10.jpg

010-9.jpg

011-7.jpg

GT-8

gone

• Members

Looking for some semi-local trading partners, specifically in the Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas areas...

My first up for trade is a very rare Gibson Les Paul Custom Showcase Edition from 1988. If you research this model, you'll find that Gibson made 250 of these in the month of March, and made a different showcase model each month after that for 8 months total I believe. Mine actually has a February '88 serial number, so it may very well be one of the first ones made. This Les Paul Custom was configured from the factory with all black hardware, including black Grover tuners; EMG's in both the bridge and neck; and a metallic Ruby Red finish. As you can see in the pics, the neck pickup has been changed out to a Seymour Duncan. This guitar is in excellent condition for it's age. It has a few finish cracks here and there, but finish only, nothing beneath the surface. The only detracting flaw is that it has a slight bit of damage to the finish caused by one of those wall hangers that dug into the finish a little bit on both sides of the headstock. I couldn't get it to show in pics very well, but would be glad to send pics of what I have. Does not affect playability in any way whatsoever. If you play any heavy metal and always wanted a Les Paul that could hang with some of the shredder guitars out there, this is the one for you.

I do not have any paperwork or case for this guitar, so I would really prefer a semi-local deal. I live in Clinton, OK and wouldn't mind driving in any direction up to about 200 miles for a meet. Thanks!!!

As far as trades go, I'm looking for other Gibson Les Pauls or similar. Prefer humbuckers to single coils personally, but feel free to make any offers. Also interested in ES-335's, PRS Singlecuts, Bakers, etc. I would put a trade value on this of $2000-$2500. Could possibly be higher due to so few being offered. These are very hard to find. I see more of the Les Paul Custom Lite Showcase Editions in Gold and Les Paul Standard Showcase Editions in Silverburst than this model for some reason. At any rate, all of the Showcase Editions were limited to 250 each. 200 domestic, 50 shipped overseas.

th_DSC_0349.jpg

th_DSC_0348.jpg

th_DSC_0350.jpg

th_DSC_0351.jpg

Holy hell that's a cool guitar

• Members

I have a Mesa Stiletto Ace 2X12 combo in mint condition, tan grille/tolex, with the cover. I'd post pics, but I don't have a camera (all of my moneyz go to guitar stuff). Interested in any trades. Great amp, but my AC50 is all the amp I need and fits my playing style better :D

• Members

This looks like one dead ass thread! Let's put some stuff up and see what happens.

Picket Stik-itcaster

Warmoth Pro Neck thin tele profile with SS 6105 frets ebony on maple goodness

GFS ash body - neck and body finished with tung oil

Locking tuners - gotoh style

Fender Custom Shop Texas Special pups

three way selector and alpha pots

nut tusq xl installed by warmoth

009-10.jpg
010-9.jpg
011-7.jpg
GT-8 in good condition

002-42.jpg

I like this stick-itcaster... what are you asking for it?

• Members

I like this stick-itcaster... what are you asking for it?

I think I actually have a trade for this one. I will have some new ones coming as time permits...I have two more builds coming, one will be a full custom, I build the neck and body...and I have another stik-itcaster in the works too.

Archived