FS: 1996 Gibson Hawk

playonj

• Members

A lesser-known model made at the same time as the Gibson Nighthawk and Blueshawk. Unlike the other Hawk models, these have standard humbucking mounts so you can put any kind of pickups you want in them. Solid mahogany, very lightweight & comfortable to play. Two Gibson 490 humbuckers, stock 50s style stop tail bridge, it plays great, no fret wear, straight neck, no problems, recent pro setup & new strings. It is in excellent condition as you can see from the photos. I upgraded the pots and tone capacitor, and changed out the knobs but I have the original knobs which can go with the guitar, or I can put them back on for you. What's the different between this guitar and a mahogany SG? These have the longer 25 1/2" scale length, like Strats and Teles, so the feel is a little tighter and there is more clarity and less mud in the bass. I don't have a hard case for it but a nice gig bag is included. A great little rock guitar or backup for playing slide, etc $550

I'd only be interested in trades or partial trades for the following: a JBL EON 10" powered monitor, a National style metal resonator guitar such as Republic, etc, or possibly a cutaway archtop acoustic. I don't need another electric guitar, amp, audio gear, or any FX pedals.

hawk1.jpg

hawk2.jpg

• Members

Upper is 9", lower is 13" - I think these are the same size as the other Hawks, it's not easy to find hard cases that fit them. The gig bag that comes with this guitar is a good one with a lot of padding.

the_hawk.jpg

Archived