FS: Burny Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)

Markdude

• Members

FS: Burny Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)

From the early 80's. EXCELLENT condition. This one must have been kept in its case in a closet for most of its life. The binding hasn't even yellowed very much -- it's a beautiful cream color. There's a bit of tarnishing on the gold hardware, mainly on the bridge pickup cover and the tailpiece.

I recently had this guitar professionally set up at Austin Vintage Guitars (for .010 gauge D'addario XL's) and it plays like a dream. Super low action and no buzz, great intonation.

This is without a doubt the nicest guitar I've ever owned, but I am a student with bills and loans to pay and am currently jobless (and having a hell of a time finding adequate work), and I definitely can't justify keeping it at the moment. And I'm not just saying it's the nicest in order to sell it -- it's nice enough that I made it the ONLY guitar I currently own, so I really wouldn't be selling it if I didn't absolutely need to. :cry:

You can hear the guitar being used on this track: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9932016

11 pounds, darkened rosewood fretboard. Frets are in excellent condition and have tons of life left.

I will also be including an Epiphone hardshell case.

Asking $840 shipped.

Photo1120.jpg

Photo1121.jpg

Photo1123.jpg

Photo1000Edit.jpg

burny1.jpg

burnylp.jpg

• Members

The weight is 11 pounds.

Wonderful, how about the fret life? This isn't one of those fretless wonder style guitars is it?

If all these answers are to my liking, once I get some stuff cleared away in a few days, I may seriously consider this.

• Members

The frets are in great condition, they appear to have extremely low playing time on them and they have tons of life left. I'm not sure what size they are, but they seem pretty small.

There is fret edge binding, and the neck is a 60's medium style.

Photo1259.jpg

Sorry for the blurry picture. I don't have a digital camera. My cell phone takes decent pictures but it doesn't like closeups, and apparently also doesn't like my bedroom lighting.

If you'd like me to hold the guitar for you, let me know and I'll pull down my E-bay auction (it ends on Tuesday evening). :thu:

• Members

The frets are in great condition, they appear to have extremely low playing time on them and they have tons of life left. I'm not sure what size they are, but they seem pretty small.

There is fret edge binding, and the neck is a 60's medium style.

Sorry for the blurry picture. I don't have a digital camera. My cell phone takes decent pictures but it doesn't like closeups, and apparently also doesn't like my bedroom lighting.

If you'd like me to hold the guitar for you, let me know and I'll pull down my E-bay auction (it ends on Tuesday evening).
:thu:

While I would appreciate it, don't pass on any sale for me obviously. It could be a few days and there's no guarantees, but I've already found it via ebay too. haha.

• Members

Damn, I really wish you weren't in this situation, and would take trades.

That is the exact Les Paul I've been wanting for years!
:(

I was skimming through the thread again and just realized you have a CE-22. That's funny, 'cause if I COULD trade (+ cash), that's the exact guitar I'd like to try out, haha. But unfortunately I'm too broke. Just thought that was a funny coincidence.

• Members

I was skimming through the thread again and just realized you have a CE-22. That's funny, 'cause if I COULD trade (+ cash), that's the exact guitar I'd like to try out, haha. But unfortunately I'm too broke. Just thought that was a funny coincidence.

:cry: don't tell me that! :cry:

Archived