1979 Peavey T60, nice guitar, with original molded hard shell case

Jon Hiller

• Members

1979 Peavey T60 in good shape. It is not all original, in that someone at one point did some work to it, but I have put it back to original wiring. The phase switch was replaced by someone with the wrong type of switch, which I have put back to the correct switch. It needs the pickup rings replace. I have a pair of rings that can be drilled to fit the dual-screw pickups, which I will throw in, if I don't have time to drill them myself first. I will install them if I have a chance, though. It's on my list of stuff to do over the next day or two. The previous owner also decided they thought the guitar would look good with a dark burgundy stain, but then didn't follow through with it for whatever reason. If you look through the photo album pictures you can see where there is still stain in the pickup cavities from this. Doesn't hurt the guitar in any way, but it does detract from it being totally original. There is also burgundy stain in the open grain on the top of the guitar, which makes the grain stand out more. I like the effect this gives, although you can't really tell it's burgundy color when you see it in person, it just makes the grain darker. This is only on the front of the guitar, though, not the back. They decided I guess, mid-way through, to just leave it original, as there's no stain in the grain on the back of the guitar. They did put new Deft clear on the front of the guitar to re-seal it, although they didn't sand/buff it out to remove runs, so I did that, and now the top looks right again except for the color of the grain being slightly off. Again, I like the look of it, and several who have seen it in person have said the same, but it's definitely not original. I have the original hard case for it which is in good condition, it has had one rivet replaced on a latch. The interior of the case is in great shape. You can see in the photos of the electronics where I added a little extra length on to a couple of the wires when I put the wiring back to original Peavey spec. You can also see in the photos that I re-did the foil lining in the control compartment with foil tape, as they trashed the foil lining when they had the guitar apart to attempt the refinish. It was still there, it was just in about 3 or 4 pieces, so I opted to replace it and do it right. It has the original aluminum nut on it, and it has some fret wear, about what you'd expect for a guitar of this age. It has been played but it's a nice instrument with a lot of life left in it.

These guitars have been averaging $376.13 shipped on Ebay over the past month or so, however long the time period for looking something up goes back. I only used natural finish ones when figuring this average, as black/white/sunburst ones usually bring more than natural ones do. I would like to get $350 shipped in the USA for it, or $300 plus whatever shipping would cost to you if you're outside the USA. Here are a couple photos:

tubes203.jpg

tubes204.jpg

Here is the link to my photobucket album with 20 pictures of the T60: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v181/JonHiller/For%20Sale/Peavey%20T60/

I now have this listed on eBay here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180639601478&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT If you're an HC member and are interested in the guitar, I will gladly pull it from eBay for you for the price listed here. I have it at a higher price on eBay because of the fees.

Feel free to check out my feedback on Ebay under my username "cowabungamusic". If you're interested in or have any questions about it, feel free to hit me up via PM. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Archived