FS: National Val-Pro 88 Reso-Glass "Map" Electric

upinflames

• Members

I'm selling this guitar for my girlfriend, who got it when she was 10 years old from her father. It's difficult for her to sell for sentimental reasons, but she never plays it and she has expenses that need to be paid.

This is a '62-'63 National Val-Pro 88 Reso-Glass guitar in Raven black. Probably the most famous player of this guitar is Robert Smith of the Cure. Everything on this guitar is original and working, it sounds and plays great (it's tough for me not to keep it!). Cosmetically, the body (front and back), head stock, and all the knobs/pickups/bridge/frets are in very good condition. However, the back of the neck has a split. It's an unusually split because it's not near the heel or the headstock, and did not break all way through. It has never been repaired. There are also some deep scratches. Obviously, an experience luthier could repair it rather easily.

I do not have the original case, unfortunately.

Because these are so rare, I have no price to judge it from. I've never seen another one like it for sale. There have been a couple Val-Pro's listed on eBay, so that's where I got this price, which I think is far.

$1500 FIRM, cash pick up in Nashville. Message me to discuss shipping.

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo7.jpg

• 4 years later...

Archived