1996 Gibson Les Paul Classic Goldtop

joelbah

• Members

1996 Gibson Les Paul Classic Goldtop - $1500 shipped.

This particular guitar was just given a full $400 makeover from Randy Hughes, my luthier in Asheville. He is the best there is and does work for many famous musicians, Warren Haynes, Dave Wilcox, David Holt, Al Pettiway, Doyle Dykes, Carl Cartee, Brad Paisley, Jim Olson, Patrick Eggle, Ed Garhardt, Martin Chalk, Gary Jules, Bill Mize, Hank Garland.

He gave it a full set up, leveled the frets, new bridge and new gibson deluxe tuners. It stays in tune like a champ and the intonation is amazingly perfect. It has a couple small nicks here and there but nothing major enough to even show up in a picture except the one small chip in the headstock. Stock pickups.

Not sure if you can tell from the pictures, but it has a very rich gold color, much better than lots of the newer goldtops that are kind yellow/mustard colored. It seriously plays like a dream with low super fast action with no fretbuzz. I've also read that 1996 is supposed to be a very good year for the classics and they were made in the same line as some of the customs or something.

The case is a little beat up and a couple of the latches could use replacing, but it still works fine and it's a legit Gibson USA case.

PM me with questions. Looking for cash.

3-1-1.jpg

3-2.jpg3.jpg

gldd.jpg

gold.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived